Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Carbon Fiber & Fiber Glass GT-S Sides

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS!!!

This GB is for the B13 chassis, 2 door and 4 door. The first initial post will be used to keep bullets points updates, information pertaining to the product and a list of interested participants. I am only posting for the vendor as he only wants to run the manufacturing/fabrication of this item and future items, therefore any questions you have can be answered through me and will be "quoted" as if he were speaking to you. The reply immediately following this post is for progress updates with pictures and I will not post them anywhere else but there. This make it very easy to keep track of participants in the first post and you to see progress immediately following.

As some of you may know I have posted on both SR forums, and will be running them as such. This means that if by some reason you have different userID's on here than the one on the opposite SR forum, you need to chose where you want to buy from and STAY THERE! :poke:. I DO NOT WANT TO BE DISORGANIZED FOR THIS GB, so please help me stay so and this will go very smoothly. I will keep updates coming below until the product is finished. Once perfected, I will ship the skirts out in the order paid.

Both products will not leave for shipment until perfect but do come with a MANUFACTURED DEFECTIVE REPLACEMENT. Resolution to issues will be decided on a case by case basis and require pictured proof[B/]. Damage during installation will not be covered. Damage to cosmetic look of this product will be next to impossible until they are in your hands so please handle them with care.

This will not be the only part made for this chassis or others in the future.

Group Buy List:

Sentra GTR-1: (1) Carbon Fiber - Paid - Option 1

When you send payment, please include your forum screen name in the sender's notes to help me keep accurate records of who's paid and when. This is crucial so that I am able to know who will be getting their product in what order. I also need you to include your shipping address where the product will ship to. I have a spreadsheet I am keeping off to the side so Full Names and Addresses are a must. If you can not figure out how to do this, please PM me the info and your email address that payment was sent from.

Folks, I am trying to keep this as painless and carefree as possible, which is why I'm thinking of all possibilities. The bottom line is, send me all your details so I don't have to track you down later.

10/18/2011: Those that don't want to read through everything and want to order a set. YOU CAN'T.

Right now my responsibility lies with those that paid for these some 1+ year ago. I don't feel it right, fair or proper to take new money and have others waiting. I will request to close this GB once all have received their promised pieces. My apologies for not making that clear in obvious places, but I may host future productions once I get this one rectified.

5/23/12 Update:

Key: CF = Carbon Fiber & FG = Fiber Glass

Ok so months have gone by with communication going on behind the scenes with the remaining GB members. I'm still seeing this to a close but with different end results. I gave 2 main options to most of the remaining members who have yet to collect their CF skirts. The bottom line now is, I'm fed up trying to get CF sides. I cycled back to emails with a board member to uncover that I began this project in MARCH 2010. I think I've given this more than enough time to see it closed.

So, since CF was not supplied I have resorted to take advantage of the shops Fiberglass abilities as I saw fit. To be fair, the $$$ put into CF was greater than that of FG so just a pair of FG skirts in my opinion was not enough. The two main options were:

Option 1: 2 pairs of FG GTS Sideskirts (1 for the initial cost & 1 to do with whatever you see fit)

Option 2: 1 pair of GTS Sideskirts and 1 4 Fog SuperSaloon Custom Front Lip

I have put options next to each GB'ers name to reflect their choice.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to close with what was initially intended, but as the shop owner and I are both in negative with this project, this was the only option I saw fit to be fair to both sides. I will try in the future in different endevours but will never take full payment upfront from anyone. Thanks to all.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Holy crap! :eek2: Dude this is a god send! Is that Carbon Fiber i see? Please tell me these GTS side skirts will fit a 4 Door B13- I definetly would love a pair! Not to mention ill bet these would actually be lighter than the OEM factory part correct? Awesome!!!!! :biggthump

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
UPDATE: Stage 3 is complete and IT FITS!!! See picture changes above.

We've got a few blemishes and body lines to work out. Every evening after my 9 - 5, I'm driving to the shop to do the body work with them installed on the car. Once completed, he's going to pull a new mold right off the car so the body lines stay exact.

I did mention to him that I'd like to get a price point ASAP but didn't get anything except: "I need to know how much fabric I'm using for the piece. I also want to know if you want the line to continue to show at the beginning to match the line between the fender and door or keep it flush? I personally think it would be better as a flush piece but I can make either. Also once these are done I'd like to pull a mold of the back and start it so let's get the sides done and hopefully start the back by next weekend."

My take is I think the 1 Piece sides are better. If push comes to shove I can have them both done but I'm sure he may need more money to do so.

THEN COMES STAGE # 5!!!

I am so ready to see the end!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Wow those look incredible. I really hope these are affordable because I want some!!! Subscribed.

Dudeman

·
BOOSTED XE-R
1,625 Posts
awesome... im guessing that they are going to cost about the same as the real gts sideskirts, but way cooler in cf..

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Dude!!! Im sooo in on these! Exact molds from the original OEM part, Lighter than factory, and Carbon Fiber? What more can you ask for?! I definetly want some!! they look soooo awesome!!! :biggthump

·
Weekend Warrior
4,491 Posts
- Now if we get a GT-S rear lip, my car will be complete!

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your comments and feedback guys. I am very picky when it comes to the outcome of this product because it's going on my own car and now will be extra meticulous because I most likely will run a Group Buy if there's enough demand.

- Now if we get a GT-S rear lip, my car will be complete!
I have already fronted the $$$ to get this done next after the sides are complete which I anticipate to be by weeks end.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
If i may ask sir- what type of suspension are you running on your black B13? it sits absolutley perfect and the GTS side skirts look just perfect- this is how I want my 4Door B13 to sit. :biggthump

·
Weekend Warrior
4,491 Posts
Thanks for all your comments and feedback guys. I am very picky when it comes to the outcome of this product because it's going on my own car and now will be extra meticulous because I most likely will run a Group Buy if there's enough demand.

I have already fronted the $$$ to get this done next after the sides are complete which I anticipate to be by weeks end.
^I appreciate you doing this my friend. :biggthump.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If i may ask sir- what type of suspension are you running on your black B13? it sits absolutley perfect and the GTS side skirts look just perfect- this is how I want my 4Door B13 to sit. :biggthump
Ok, deep breath in.

Back in Oct. 2008, I was running a KYB AG2 / Drop Zone Spring combo that resulted in virtually the same ride height as stock, which at the time with stock wheels didn't appeal to me. I was continuosly browsing other ppl's setup ups and feedbacks with ride height and proper lowering and all the hype that comes along with lowering a car.

I stumbled on a post on craigslist about coilover suspension and emailed the person b/c the post read B13 D1 Full Coilovers!!!, which I thought odd b/c Sentra's don't usually drift. Anyway, turns out the guy is the Drop Zone dealer in Miami, according to him.

They were working on a prototype for the B13 chassis and had made 20 of these full coilover suspensions. To launch them, they were sold at wholesale to the public until they were gone. They sold for less that the Group Buy price of the K-sport's I've seen on here at the time for $800 or so.

In my opinion they are good coilovers as I've been in several "coiled" cars including, Tein, Progress, G2's & Ground Controls. I'd probably be in contact with him again once I get the ball rolling on the side skirts to give him some feedback about these and maybe getting a different set of springs because I feel as though they are a bit stiff for daily use. The apparent benefit is the ride height control. I'm only about half way down in adjustment for the ride height on these.

I hope this answers your question, but the only issue is that I haven't seen them re-surface since I got them. Not once. Then again, I haven't searched either.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Wow! thats cool! you were at the right place at the right time!:biggthump Well the stance with the wheels look spot on sir! Thats exactly what im looking for- and the GTS side skirts make it look absolutley perfect and clean- i cant wait till the GTS side skirts are complete! Thanks for putting in the effort to get these out to the B13 community- im sure a lot of you out there have had a hard time finding original JDM GTS Sunny Side skirts and even when you found them- they charge an arm and a leg! Thank you for this- you rock! :biggthump

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.