SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I have to admit- honesty and integrity is what its all about- I know theres some things you cant control, but your doing all you can and for that- nothing but respect from me. Its been a long time but where others would have dissappeared you have remained there still, again- nothing but respect in that aspect. At this point we have to give the benifit of the doubt. It will all work out in the end. Thanks for hanging in there with all of us as well.:biggthump

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Bittersweet update...went over yesterday to a stagnant progression to which I lost it. I told him the following: Another pair down the tube.

"Look man, If I had known that progress would have been slow after I made the full financial commitment for you to finish what was promised, I would have not extended this out to others, taken their hard earned money and just asked you to make a mold, make me a part, give the mold back to me so that I can reproduce them only if I needed to for myself in the future. I offered up an idea to increase your profit and bring the price of them down, you agreed and I held up my end.

It's been since March of last year since I started making this public knowledge, and though you've produced some results, there are still others waiting, including myself. I understand you are generating income to keep your bills covered, but a commitment is still yet to be fulfilled. I NEED RESULTS and I NEED THEM FAST."

I'm meeting someone tonight at my house that wants to pick up some B13 exhaust from my home which is 1 hour away from him. If when I'm done and I call and he's still there, I will make the drive back down and be a tick in his a$$ until this is done.

NEW MISSION:
Everyday after work, I'm going there.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
You gotta love persistance! Thanks for holding the flag for us sir- its very much appreciated. I know your busting his balls and doing everything you can to make it happen. Thanks again. :biggthump

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #226
Went over yesterday to begin my mission...Got the mold sanded of it's impurities and going again tonight to prep for vacuuming. We may not vacuum tonight though due to humidity of the rainy weather.

I figured annoying updates are better than no updates.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
LOL...man everytime you say that I think of Top Gun or something...you been in the service or something. Also, how's the rear lip...you get it mounted.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
LOL! Yeah thats the idea! Nah never in the service- that was from StarWars- remember the the Attack on the Deathstar? Xwing dogfight scene at the end- sounds pretty official though dosent it? LOL :rofl: :biggthump No I havent mounted the rear lip yet- gotta set some time aside, i figured I also want to respray my rear bumper at the same.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
So Tuesday was a bust due to humidity and weather...couldn't get anything done. I've pretty much volunteered myself as his helper to make sure this gets done. Take a change of clothes with me everyday to change from business attire to scruffy wear.

Yesterday we were able to work and get the mold prepped enough to have him lay in the coating to make sure the material (CARBON) does not stick when we try to vacuum. Hopefully we're able to stick to the schedule that today we're going to try and pop a set in the mold and hope for the best.

I'm leaving Friday morning to go out of town for my girl's mother's birthday. I should be back Saturday evening sometime. Once I'm back I'm checking on the part. More than likely he will call me and let me know how it's turned out before I get back but seeing is believing so I'm gonna pass by anyway.

Stay tuned...

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Yesterday was his daughter's birthday so a day off was necessary. I'm here today to check on things and there's an old man here with him already checking on his custom build. I'm being patient and waiting my turn so we can get started on today's work.

This guy is restoring a 1940 Ford something...can't tell you the name. Anyway, I got here at 1pm...the guys is just leaving. Older people!...geez!

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #233 (Edited)
Weekly Update

Monday: Needed to order more bagging material. :cool:

Tuesday: Received more bagging film, needed more mold release. :rolleyes:

Wednesday: Received more mold release, needed cushioning for mold not to burst through bagging material under vacuum. :(

Thursday: Still waiting for arrival of cushioning material.

Friday: (Today) we shall see...:confused:

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Friday: Still waiting for cushioning material.

Saturday: No progress since the supply offices are not open.

Sunday: No progress however, I still passed by the shop and it so happened that his wife was there. While he was busy I asked her if I could speak with her for a moment. I explained the intial reson for starting this up, that I intended for it to benifit my enthusiast community and also illustrated that I felt it was MY NAME on the line being the responsible orchestrator. I proceeded to remind her that the first CF GB with hoods and trunks was a bust and resulted in alot of missing $ and no product.

Verbaige: "The reason we may not have sold many of the sides were because folkes were still apprehensive over losing a large amount of $ on other CF parts. My reassurance to the few was that they would be in good hands, which they still are, but the progress does not show this. There since has been another group buy orchestrated in November of last year for CF hoods and trunk which could have been something he could have done. That GB is coming to a close, yet we seem to be stuck and not producing the 7 remaining side pieces. Do you understand how bad this looks and why I'm now here everyday ensuring progress? He has one final chance to prove this can be done, otherwise I'll have to seek legal action."

Monday: Received cushioning material and finished prepping remaining parts of mold to finally get to vacuuming process. Pulled out precut carbon material, mold release material and resins. Getting closer, maybe it had something to do with the wife talk, who knows.

Stay tuned...

·
Old Kid driving....
722 Posts
Roger, hope everything works out so it doesn't lead to legal consequences. I know you are a man of integrity and honor and will see this through no matter what. Hoping for the best.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #238 (Edited)
Let us pray!

It was left under vacuum overnight and felt and looked promising. I hope it comes out perfect!...please almighty let it be perfect!

I really do appreciate the level of professionalism everyone has had about this whole ordeal. I never forsaw it going down this road at all in the beginning. It has definately taught me a lesson in the way to do business in the future. I'm a man of my word and will see it to it's end, no matter what. Even if that means me getting personally involved and getting my hands dirty, which has happened over the past few weeks. I'm praying we are back on track as of yesterday and will continue updating everyone as such. Thanks to all!

Roger Raymond

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Resin reaction and corners did not come out like I'd hoped. He's going to try a different resin but I'm indifferent, I'm not sure if to stick to my word and persue legal recourse or stick it out and get what was promised to us. Need some input from those waiting.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hello sir- first off thanks for everything your doing for us again. This is just my opinion- others can chime in- I say give em the benifit of the doubt and try to make right- lets see if he produces. Since we have waited- Im sure we wont feel anything by waiting just a little longer- but if he starts down the wrong road or you see 0 coming out of these efforts- then its time to form DEVASTATOR.

221 - 240 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.