SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Your opinion is gold man, I need it in order to make a better decision for the people who are in this so thank you!...He is showing the ambition to get them done and has been completely humble in all my ups and downs at him. Given my high expectations and demands, I'd say he's handling it well. The time is the only thing bugging me now, and so long as I have the forums support, I will continue to persue. It's been asked for me to get pictures of what happened this go round so I'll update with those later.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #242

I'll keep updating as we progress. The toughest part in this mold is the mounting tabs. I'm sure we'll get back on track soon.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Dosent look too bad! I know its still early in its stages so lets see what transpires. Looks like a solid job so far. I dont know how to work with carbonfiber/fiberglass- I would love to learn someday- dosent look easy! Great job! :biggthump

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I've been extremely busy at work. My job has implemented a new system and has caused a lot of grief with all my employees. Things seem to be leveling off now to the point that I can get over there as much as I'd like to for keeping tabs on these. Sorry for my delay.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Hey bud I have been extremely tied up during the days at work lately that have hindered me from adhering to my goal of checking on things as I'd like to, but regardless of that. We are at an apparent stand still...if things don't pick up soon I will be forced to give him the hammer. The recent holidays have messed us up in my opinion but I'd have loved these to be a Christmas present. I'll keep you posted.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
I was able to make an unscheduled stop by recently and waited for some time hoping for good things. There aren't any new developments except for the fact that he's tested the new resin and is pleased by the results. I was forceful in my wording to him that we have been stagnant for some time now. That though I am in no true rush for my personal set, the fact remains that I can not say the same of others. We were promised a part and have been understanding.

He was again apologetic and reassured that he's not going anywhere, and will not be giving up on getting these completed.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Called to check on things and in order to get the proper reaction using the new resin, the mold has to remain in vacuum while becoming subject to UV light. This was thought to be acheived by UV bulbs, which did not happen. The new plan is to move the mold while under vacuum into the sunlight when all corners are saturated with the resin. The reaction has already been tested in sunlight, but just not with mold and CF under vacuum. Stay tuned.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Broken Promise: I know I stated I would go by more than I have been but since after Thanksgiving, my job has been incredibly demanding. I've been up and down in staffing for my department and have been fighting with corporate to hire more staff. I am finally expecting some relief within this month by receiving two more employees but I still have to train and integrate them into our workforce so bare with me there.

Stangnant, Short Update: Went by in person today and Long story made short, he begged me for another week. For those that want the details see below. I value opinions here guys and know I'm speaking on our behalf but if you feel the need to voice, please don't hesistate.

Stangnant, Long Update: Best descibed using conversation...

Roger: (Arrived and stood staring until acknowledged.) I looked like a crazy person who was asked and greeted by others around his shop and just pointed at him.

CF: What's up man?

Roger: Exactly, WHAT IS UP MAN!?

CF: I know I haven't been true to you, I'm really sorry about that.

Roger: Look man, I promised a group of my peers progress and keep promising them progress, but everytime I come here I see other jobs in and out, and no progress on what I already paid you for!

CF: I know, you're right and I'm not discrediting that, I've been stretched thin since having to let staff go and have to take jobs to keep the shop going.

Roger: While I understand that, please understand that this is bad. It can be perceived that I'm trying to f**k people over and especially after telling you what happened to other GB's in my group. I've reached out to others that specialize in this type of work and would need to start over completely or involve others that seem excessive.

CF: It's not the work or the material, it honestly has alot to do with the pieces themselves. If you remember correctly with the last set, the tabs that indent in which allow mount points have not vacuumed properly in the mold. The sets you've already received were after 2 failed attempts and we've had failures in between as well. I feel that switching the Resin to a UV reactive type is the right way to go as it allows me to manipulate, set the mold and give the Resin maximum coat before allowing it to set in the sunlight. I've been searching for large scale UV light that have the reaction I need but have been unsuccessful. Please bare with me one more week.

Roger: You realize that I've heard this before right, and that everytime I've come back, there's nothing good or nothing at all. I mean you agreed to take this on, it's proving difficult, but yet you took payment and reached out to me everytime you needed funds. They are now exhausted and nothing???!!! Please see this from my side so you know why I'm upset.

CF: Please bare with me and give one more week.

Roger: Ok but I'm just saying now, it seems like when I was able to come around and help, we got things done. Now I'm tied up with my own job and can't come around as often, you don't have help and no progress is being made. Do I need to make time after working 12 hours shifts and come help you again? If that's what it takes to get it done I will do it.

CF: No you don't need to do that, I will get it done.

Regardless of the convo I plan on passing by after work to check on things unannounced to confirm his commitment. Please feel free to comment.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
I'm just updating, not happy but updating...I'm sitting at Jm Lexus in margate getting some work done on the lady's daily, and am supposed to call him when I'm on the way back up...as of yesterday, he'd spent the week trying to find the end piece of the mold which means it's prepped but no attempt was made. He did show me the resin reaction test he did...pictures below.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
So I passed by yesterday and he had already left. On my way into work this morning I get a 7:30am phone call and he immediately asks if I have any antibiotics. I'm in the medical field but answer no why. Apparently he has an abscess on his face and half of it is swollen. (Long Sigh - :( ) I will keep you guys informed.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
Your PM was copied and forwarded via text to the shop owner as I'm not sure he realizes the extent of feelings besides my own being that I'm speaking for a group, rather than a group dealing with him directly. I'm stopping by today to see where we are in about 45 minutes. I'll update all with findings.

·
JdmB13
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Pasted from the other forum:

I've been texting on a daily basis with the shop and have reached my breaking point. While I know persistance and patience pay off, my confidence level is deminished currently. Latest message I received via text from the shop is below:

Shop: I'm sorry to have taken everyone's money and this project to make these side skirts. I can't seem to get the flawless process down because of the the 6 mounting tabs. To date I've calculated over $2500 in material alone that has gone to the dump excluding my time trying to make the sides. The only thing I can say is that it's unfair to your guys and it does not make sense to waste anymore time trying to perfect making the parts in carbon. I am also sorry for the inconvenience I have caused to everyone by my inability to produce the flawless product in carbon. I have no intention of being unfair to anyone and have some solutions. Please reach out and get each member's contact information that is still waiting, so we can get in touch with them about the go forward plan.

ME: I need the remaining GB'ers to PM me their phone numbers so I can contact each of you this weekend personally. If there is also a preferred time to contact you, please indicate as such. I am working until 5pm today and most likely will be making the calls through out this weekend to report back to the shop about our conversations. I have been given options but want to hear from each of you before proceeding.

Thanks to all of you for being civil, understanding and keeping things professional throughout this entire ordeal.

GTR-1 - I don't see a need to respond to your PM given the current status and I know your position but please provide me your number so I can reach out to you this weekend.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Absolutley sir- Thanks to you- for you are the one that has been professional throughout this whole process with all of us. I still hope something can be worked out- Pm sent sir- thank you.

241 - 260 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.