SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking closely at this combination , would prefer 48 or 52 trim compressor . Without going HKS it seems 56trim GT30R / 73 AR is the only option . If I elect to use a TO4E 50 or 60 AR comp cover is surge likely to be a problem ? My problem is trying to achieve 350 - 400 wheel hp , use ALL the compressors potential , not strangle the hot side and not miss ANY boost response at all . As Rob.C will tell you there is a large gap between the GT28RS Potato and the GT30R , the latter fitted with a 76.2mm compressor which in his opinion is not an ideal match . When O When will Garrett put a 52trim 71mm BCI 18 comp wheel with the GT30 84 trim turbine and market it as the Bullocks Taters . On a more serious note though it would seem that the HKS GT3037 costs something along the lines of $A3800 .....? How this is worked out I'm not sure . IF it costs approx $US1800 and the exchange rate is .75 to 1 $A to $US if you throw in $200 to ship + 10% GST and a little something for burial rights the thing should cost around three grand . Ugly isnt it . If someone could get one of these things to Australia for sensible money i'd like to know . A.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you only want 400 whp then the .73 A/R 52 trim is all you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts