SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
back in the game
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search and couldnt find anything GTi-R specific..heres my problem: it idles at ~1200rpm and pulls anywhere from 12-15 vacuum..and I understand the idle is high and the vacuum is low for having stock cams. As far as I know I have no leaks..Suggestions??

Also, do you think its possible that I am detonating w/ stock inj., turbo, ecu, MAF, Walbro and only the mods in sig. @ 14psi?? Am I maxxing out the injectors? I dont think the power level is high enough to be maxxing them out..any thoughts on that? TIA

·
Registered
160 Posts
as far as i know, the gtir idled at about 1000 RPM stock, i may be wrong, but everytime i install them into either B13/14, they idle in that 1000-1200 range. may as well get used to it, because if you go to JWT for a reprom(see below), then it will definitally idle in that area. 12-15 inHg is about right also, the GTi-R cams are pretty big for a stock cam. yes, 14 psi on a stock flow meter is a BAD idea. the injectors are good to about 300-325 whp. you need to get either a Cobra flow meter or a Z32TT flow meter. either way, you need to get the ECU reprogrammed. my car made right at 320 to the wheels at 20 psi on race gas with a cobra flow meter, stock T28, JWT ecu, stock 444cc injectors, JWT S3M cams. the flow meter is the crutch of your setup.

DO NOT CONTINUE TO RUN AT OVER 10psi ON THE STOCK FLOW METER!!!!! the car will make power, but the ECU is "flying blind" over 10 psi. the flow meter runs out of metering range at about 10psi.

·
back in the game
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was good to ~280whp..was I misinformed?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Standard boost on the car is approx 10.5psi/0.7bar so I can't see the AFM running out of range at less than that.In the UK,people don't swap for a Z32 until over 350bhp(flywheel).Injectors can cope up to around that figure too but will be starting to struggle.
The high idle is something I've(and a lot of others in UK)have spent a lot of time trying to fix with no success.Try cleaning the idle valve which is underneath the iinlet manifold(has 2 plugs going into it).You can also adjust it slightly with a flat blade screwdriver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts