SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yup, today we're going to do some routine maintenance on the old SE-R. Wiper blades, fluid, GTi-R turbo and manifold, the normal stuff...

You ever talk with DougDET or CodeKiller or whatever about getting your T25 upgraded to a T28? Said he can get rebuilt T28s for $350 and I talked with him about a possible core-exchange sort of thing where he can ship the T28, we replace out T25, then ship the T25 to him for a credit. Sound cool? Still trying to iron out the details but it may happen

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
On AIM his screen name is CoDeKiLLr. He posts on here from time to time too. Still trying to find out more about it but haven't been able to get him to respond online yet- his name is always grayed out like he hasn't been at the computer forever, but yet is online. I'll kee trying believe me

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Is that how it comes on the GTI-R motor? Gated and clocked in that same fashion? Damn. those pics. are really helpful! OH and does anyone have the exact specs. on that turbo (if it is the T28) Is that a .3... exhaust housing and a 50 trim housing and wheel(looks like it from the casting)? That would seriously make my year if it was! Also, what is that thing gated at? TIA to any with the answers. This could seriously help with my GA16 turbo idea

late,
wes

[This message has been edited by wes (edited 01-05-2001).]

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes this is the turbo used on the GTI-R. It was purchased through Nissan Motorsports by "Someone".

These are the exact specs straight from the catalog.
(sorry for the enormity of the picture!)

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
What's the T25's peak efficiency?

btw the guy is STILL gray on AIM....

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
What's the T25's peak efficiency?</font>
I'd have to guess its around 8-9psi?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
btw the guy is STILL gray on AIM....
</font>
That would be the Doug Rodregaz(sp?) guy rite? I think we might have scared him away with all the flames.

About up-grading the GTI-R mani is a diffrent design. It has something to do with the #4 runner being routed diffrent to make it more effecent. Do you have any pics of your mani before you put it in the car? I'd like to see them if you do.

Mike

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hey Mike, Did you still need my address to send that stuff to me?

------------------
Kris94G20™
87 Pulsar

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Nice manifold! Whose is that Mike? Ben, who is this person that can get rebuilt T28s for $350 and how can I get a hold of him? Thanks!

David
'98 SE wanting boost....

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doh! Hey welcome back MarC!
I had to post them they look awesome.

[This message has been edited by Mike Gosselin (edited 01-06-2001).]

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Gosselin:
I like the fact they have Max pressure listed as 10.82psi when the T28 is at peak effiency around 13.~psi.
Mmmm running all day at 14 psi would be nice..huh Ben?? Zing zing!!!

</font>
13psi!?! Try 20! That's what my father has his one set to (on a really GTi-R). And let me add the T28 really sucks (air that is)!

------------------

Wanna race? :) (Ok, the GTi-R it's mine but it's my dads)
paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Guys, looking back at that whole Doug/Brian post debocle it looks like they are the "codekiller" people. I called them on Fri. about a used T28 turbo and he's supposed to be getting back to me! Oh and thanks for those specs. Mike, my NM catalog doesn't have that in it
Also I wanna trim that down to a 50 Wheel and I'm assuming that exhaust housing is smaller than than a T3 .36 exhaust housing? Anyone familiar with that piece? Oh and any clue what he paid for that turbo? And Mike, where can one find the flanges for the mani., downpipe, and turbo outlet?

late,
wes

[This message has been edited by wes (edited 01-08-2001).]

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wes:
Mike, my NM catalog doesn't have that in it

</font>
I got that page from Jiz and ge got it from his new 00-01 NM cat.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Also I wanna trim that down to a 50 Wheel
What will that do?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
and I'm assuming that exhaust housing is smaller than than a T3 .36 exhaust housing? Anyone familiar with that piece? Oh and any clue what he paid for that turbo? And Mike, where can one find the flanges for the mani., downpipe, and turbo outlet?
I haven't mastered the .##'s on the turbo feild yet so I don't know?? Marc can chime in on the $$$ for you.

About the flanges the mani?? What's you talking about? The turbo bolt up to the mani.. NM sells a flange for the turbo outlet. It's actually a pipe that has the O2 sensor bung in it(called "turbo outlet pipe" in the cat). I just drove my car to the mufler shop and had them make the down pipe from the outlet pipt to the cat. The turbo sounded schweet with no exhaust on it

Mike

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Mike,
Triming that down will optimze the turbo to run at 5-7 PSI, which is where I plan to run it. I am looking for a smaller aexhaust housing because I want a more respopnsive turbo. As for the manifold, I have the GA16 so that mani. won't work for me
I was hoping to find the flange so that HS can use it when the do my manifold. I'm sure I'll be able to find one at a turbo shop, it's probably just a T25 flange anyway. Thanks for your help, now I just gotta buy the turbo!

late,
wes

G

·
0 Posts
As for the price I used to work at a dealership, and they hooked me up with a very good price. I got it for $960 with shipping and tax for both peices. Expect to pay around $1500 for both direct from NM or your dealership. I can not get these at this price so do not ask! Thank you.

------------------
MarC
http://members.home.net/mnmanderson/website/
AIM SER96MarC

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Hey man can you get me a HoOkEED UPPP On DOZee pArTzz?
Nah I won't ask... I just wanted a reference point. I've developed a very good relationship with my dealer so I think I can maybe get a decent price, if I decide to buy the turbo new. Thanks for the info. man!

late,
wes

·
_______
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wes:
I am looking for a smaller aexhaust housing because I want a more respopnsive turbo.

SNIP"

it's probably just a T25 flange anyway.

</font>
Yes that turbo (t28) has the t25 exhaust housing. All it basically is a t25 turbo with a t3 compressor housing. So you would need a t25 flang.

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts