SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering who among you TURBO guys are using this kind of PISTONS. I just want to know how reliable they are and how have you had them with your TURBO. I am in the process of rebuilding the motor and I just don't want to make a mistake. I know JE pistons are great but THEY cost a fortune. I will probably just push 350whp maximum. This is going to be a daily driven car. Please let me know.

Bryan.

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Well for me i thought the same way ,daily drive want topush around 300hp. I used stock gti-r pistons purchased new from Nissan motorsports. Now it has been about a year and half later . I would like to turn the boost up further also have with the help of 4bar program which was installed a while back. In a nut shell for me i thought i would be satisfied but im not i want MORE. I believe and im sure others would agree is to go forged pistons.
This is what i plan to do soon i have a spare bored jwt block with piston coolers waiting for attention. Stock gti-r pistons are fine though they have suited me , i think if you get them too hot they will collaps and you will have some knocking when cold.

lawrence
92 se-r turbo
90 talon tsi awd

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, Dswtflip4u. My plan is to get one Gti-r piston from Nissan Motorsports (nismoparts.com) and send it to Ross Racing Pistons (rosspistons.com) for them to use as a sample to make forged pistons. Their prices are form $389-$424, depending on the dome design.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
maximus said:
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, Dswtflip4u. My plan is to get one Gti-r piston from Nissan Motorsports (nismoparts.com) and send it to Ross Racing Pistons (rosspistons.com) for them to use as a sample to make forged pistons. Their prices are form $389-$424, depending on the dome design.
just for future refrence, nismoparts.com is NOT Nissan Motorsports....

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i already did the ross thing. i got together with eip tuning and sent out one of our gti-r pistons to ross, and the rod out to cunningham. they are available thru eip tuning at 1 800 784 8100.

jimmy
1996 200sx gti-r motor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts