SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

· Best of both world's!
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go guy's, It's Finally happening! The wait is now over. :jammin:
The first objective was to change out the fuel pump. That took all of about an hour. While I was in there (the fuel tank) I saw something disturbing. The power plug that connects to the pump is just exposed, not even sealed. I thought to myself, Wow this thing is submerged in 13gal of fuel.:eek2: I guess the Nissan engineers know what they are doing, I haven't heard of one blowing up yet, right!:fingersx:
The next thing I did was remove the hood and started disconnecting the plugs from the motor. Then I removed the battery, air box, lower brace, exhaust, etc. Mind you I'm doing all this by myself. My buds won't be able to help until the weekend, atleast I hope they can help! My goal for the rest of this evening is to remove the axles and see if I can drop this biotch out of the car, wish me luck!:fingersx:

Here are a few pics with more to follow:

Here she is in the garage:

The old motor about to be removed:

The new beauty awaiting her turn:

Here is the plug I bought for the unused bov return on the intake:

Here it is installed, perfect fit:

Old motor ready to come out:

Well, my break is over and it's time to get back to it.:biggthump

Stay tuned for more!

· Registered
396 Posts
Beautiful motor ! Good luck with the install !

· The DET is in!
2,334 Posts
Very nice! Can't wait to see the end result!

· Registered
2,706 Posts
dropping them out the bottom is so much harder than using a cherrrypicker :(

looks great tho..i did mine by myself too...dont give up haha

· Best of both world's!
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well she's out! Just finished raising the car back up to remove the old motor. The only problem I had was with the drivers side axle, it didn't want to fully come out of the tranny. I pulled on it and it would slide half way out and then stop. I was kinda stumped as of why it wouldn't come out all the way. So I left it in the tranny and will deal with it tomorrow. Really tired now, so I think it's time for bed. Tomorrow I'll be running some wiring, re-wire for the Z32 maf, and hopefully have the GTIR sitting in it's new home by tomorrow night.

Thanks for the compliments guy's! :biggthump

A couple more pics and I'm off to dream land!:D

· Registered
2,337 Posts
DAMN..........thats at that comes ta mind mayne! clean motor and very nice car bruh....just like u i cant wait to see the final pics when u get done. ill soon start a thread on my 1.6T project, i cant wait for that cause its been 3-4 months now with me just getting parts and im almost der. my car iss a clean lookin sleeper juss like urs...but newayz keep up dat good work bruh

1 - 20 of 149 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.