SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

Hopefully one of you guys can help me out. I'm swapping the GTiR motor into my Nissan Altima and am not sure which half shaft to use. Will the half shaft from the G20 bolt to the 54c block or will I need something else? Also does any SR20 mount bolt to the GTiR block? I'm guessing so but can't afford to make the wrong purchases. Thanks!!

Josh

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
4DoorSR said:
Someone help!!
Well As for the half shaft... The g20 MT does bolt to the block but there are only 2 bolt holes because the 54c block is made for AWD. and the motor mount bracket that is on the engine, should be aluminum, it is the same as the g20 mount and a g20 pass side mount will bolt up to it. What else are ya having problems with? You'll probobly have fun with the wiring....

·
My RNN14 is a Xylene Ho!
789 Posts
hey 4DoorSR
do u have the Power steering pump that came on the 54C motor?if so do u want to sell it?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry man it didn't come with the pump or I'd give it to ya. I'm actually having another major issue. The flywheel is too large for the tranny!?! It lines up and all the bolts match but I need another 1/4 inch to make it fit. The guy I bought it from said it would fit. So now I need to source a tranny. Anyone know which tranny I need? I be forever grateful!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SR20Turbofreak said:
Well As for the half shaft... The g20 MT does bolt to the block but there are only 2 bolt holes because the 54c block is made for AWD. and the motor mount bracket that is on the engine, should be aluminum, it is the same as the g20 mount and a g20 pass side mount will bolt up to it. What else are ya having problems with? You'll probobly have fun with the wiring....
The wiring is almost all done. I've got some good guys working with me on this. My only issue so far is the tranny and axles. The tranny I have is cable(P10) and I was told i need hydrolic(P11) What I need to know is the year tranny I need and whether or not my flywheel fits into it. Once I get that figured out I can get the axles for the tranny I have.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I think that the Maxima transmission will work. I'm not 100% positive but maybe. I know that the GTiR engine uses a Maxiam type clutch. The only other way is to use a FWD sr20 clutch with the sr20 trans. The GTIR flywheel bolts are 11mm and the sr20 flywheel are 10mm so you will have to drill out a FWD flywheel for 11mm bolts.

4DoorSR said:
The wiring is almost all done. I've got some good guys working with me on this. My only issue so far is the tranny and axles. The tranny I have is cable(P10) and I was told i need hydrolic(P11) What I need to know is the year tranny I need and whether or not my flywheel fits into it. Once I get that figured out I can get the axles for the tranny I have.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOuld it work that way with any FWD SR tranny? Cause I'll just get another flywheel and use that on the P10 tranny i already have....

·
Registered
209 Posts
GTiR motor is bolt-on with SR tranny like your P10 and you need to use a SR FWD flywheel. The original GTiR flywheel bolts is bigger than a SR, your need to redrill the SR flywheel, bolts hole and get it balanced, to fitted GTiR crank like SRTurbofreak said. P10 or P11 for hydroliq shifter, but the rest is same.

U have two motor mounts on the G20 (SR20FWD) crossmenber and they bolt right on the GTiR bloc. The one from Pulsar or SR is on the head of the motor(aluminium) is same and bolt to the frame on the passenger side like all SR FWD. Don't foget to shave small part the bottom of the oil pan(aluminium linkage to flywheel case) to fit the crossmenber. They hit the crossmenber. You will see when u bolts the crossmenber to bloc mounts.

You can't use the flywheel,clutch+tranny in your application, it is AWD, but if you want, u need alot $$$ ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help! I'll let you know what happens when it's all said and done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4DoorSR said:
Sorry man it didn't come with the pump or I'd give it to ya. I'm actually having another major issue. The flywheel is too large for the tranny!?! It lines up and all the bolts match but I need another 1/4 inch to make it fit. The guy I bought it from said it would fit. So now I need to source a tranny. Anyone know which tranny I need? I be forever grateful!!

Use a g20 Flywheel you just need to take it to a machine shop and have them drill it so that the bolts from your block fit

1 - 12 of 12 Posts