SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im customizing my seats! Say goodbye to that tacky cloth in the middle of the seats. Im replacing it with a solid color, probrably red or grey. I want to do leather but I can't afford it. My grand father used to be an upolsterer and has all the equiptment to do it! Soon I will have a two tone Red or Grey/Black interior! What do you guys think... is red or grey good on a black car? I figure it will be like the M5 interior just cloth. I need some constructive critizism here. Also if you know of any good places online to buy automotive upolstry then let me know ASAP. Thanks!

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 02-24-2001).]

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
In the words(and manerisms) of Dave Chapelle. "Tacky, tacky, tacky". Best bet go with the grey. IMHO tho

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im also considering getting the SE-R logo embordered into my headrests. So I have 2 votes for grey(from 2 BBs), and 1 vote for red now. I saw a car in the SE-R.net picture section with red/black 2 tone and it looks pretty good. More votes pleaze!!!

[This message has been edited by borguesian (edited 02-24-2001).]

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looks like im going to go with grey. Now should I get the headrest embroidered in the front and the back or just on the front seats?

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just wondering what other people thought. What it all comes down to is me. Im going to buy some sample fabrics and see what I like best.

·
_______
3,640 Posts
I think its an awesome idea. If I had the skillZ to do it I'd probably do it myself. Solid Grey would definatly look cool tho IMHO. Can anyone here photoshop up some pics of the 200 seats?

Mike

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well Im just the typical souther people sorta, or maybe the small town people. I like the simple less flashy approach.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Dammit Greg...you stole my idea!! Not too long ago I was thinking bout getting some interior work done, just to be different. I was gonna have the middle of my seats done in red tweed fabric, and "200sx" done on the top of my pass rear seat and "SE-R" donr on the top of my left rear seat.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

G

·
0 Posts
remember, both red and yellow give more hp per squ. yd. than any other color!

grey/slate/silver should look pretty good, or even black. just my $0.02

very nice job on the euro antennae, BTW!

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your compliments. Im prolly gonna do a light/medium gray. I email Katzkin about customizing their already available Leather seating kit for our cars and I got this response:

"thank you for your interest in Katzkin
the price for the interior two tone leather facing with vinyl wrap is 701.00
if you want 100% leather is $911.00
Please feel free to call us direct or visit our web site
www.katzkin.com
800-842-0590"

Too rich for my 17 year old blood

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just got mine redone and also did the door panels and back panels Red/grey middle .you've got to really see it in person cause the way it sounds it may sound tacky but looks ok. Honduhs s2000 dosen't loo tacky to me with red in it.lots of sports cars do it and cost tens of thousands more.let's see RX7 TT, bmw M series, porsche, yup they do it stock!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

G

·
0 Posts
well my friends aunt does that stuff, im only doing the two fronts, but she said i needed 5 yards of vinyl and the they had some nice looking colors nice and bright not dull at all, it costed $5.00 a yard, so is the $700 include install it too, cause if its just for vinyl thats rediculous!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
In 1979 you could get blue plaid in your Ford Fairmont or Mercury Zephyr. So what is your point? M5 interior, tacky with the red. S2000, tacky, you know what is tacky, that baseball glove stiching on the Audi TT's thats horible. And putting some bright/loud interior in something like a sentra or 200sx....thats just bad. And I have very rarely seen interior work that looks good/close to stock. You can just about always see that it isnt stock from either quality of material, stiching, or instalation. Most the time it looks 'loose' on the seats. If you want to do it its your business....and mine to make fun of it

G

·
0 Posts
maybe no one likes doing that to the interior because the majority of people on here have a wife and kids! most of the younger generations like that stuff!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts