SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
If you have a B13 it is harmful due to the style of pintle used in our fuel injectors. Don't use it. THe only stuff I have heard is ok is the redline stuff. there is a TSB from nissan on the use of fuel system cleaners saying it is bad. Check out se-r.net for that.

Brent

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
Pepboys sells the redline injector cleaner. They sell a few different things that most of the other auto stores don't, i.e. redline water wetter.

I may get blinded by all the blingy and cheesy crap they have in their stores, but if I know what I'm looking for(don't want to ask an employee) I can usually find it and their prices are comparable to everyone else.

Follow the directions on the bottle, seriously.

Peace,
Mark

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so now that i know what to use to clean my injectors., what do i use to clean my throttle body and the intake manifold?

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so i just read that a fuel injector cleaning is not reall needed it's most likey a fuel filter problem

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
I don't know about cleaning your fuel pump, but, the fuel filter is an easy replacement job. Just make sure you remove the fuse for the fuel pump, start the car and let it die. If you don't, you'll be spewing fuel everywhere.

Use the OEM fuel filter, it's pretty well made.

To clean your throttle body, you'll have to remove it, pita. You DO NOT want to spray cleaner in the tb to clean it out, it may cause nasty deposits on your pistons and other parts. When you have the tb off, you can soak a rag in carb cleaner, take a sawed off broom stick and wipe out the intake with it. Don't leave any puddles of cleaner in there.

Peace,
Mark

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vladha said:
I don't know about cleaning your fuel pump, but, the fuel filter is an easy replacement job. Just make sure you remove the fuse for the fuel pump, start the car and let it die. If you don't, you'll be spewing fuel everywhere.

Use the OEM fuel filter, it's pretty well made.

To clean your throttle body, you'll have to remove it, pita. You DO NOT want to spray cleaner in the tb to clean it out, it may cause nasty deposits on your pistons and other parts. When you have the tb off, you can soak a rag in carb cleaner, take a sawed off broom stick and wipe out the intake with it. Don't leave any puddles of cleaner in there.

Peace,
Mark
does removing the throttle body require the engine being out?

·
Registered
470 Posts
the TB is on the of the intake man. So, no you don't have to remove the engine.

·
The road's my slave
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nizzan4u2nv said:
haha are you kidding? You know where the TB is right? :confused:
heh yeah i know what it is silly! it's that thing under the car connecting the b-pipe to the down pipe! haha i'm kidding! i know what it is.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Just use some Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner. Cleans the TB, and everything after that. Just make sure you are in a WELL ventilated area, otherwise you will die from the fumes! Works great! I used this on my Talon, and I plan to use it on my SE-R. Just use dirty plugs, not new ones, cause this stuff will blacken them up in a matter of minutes, with all the crap you will be burning/cleaning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts