SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to do it? Anyone do it before? Its not for my car. It'll be for my friend's 240. TIA.

Mel

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, if the cat is in good condition, i recomend getting a test pipe made. But if you still wanna gut it out, you just gotta remove it and punch out all the squarelike material inside. Ive heard of some people using a broomstick?? i think that only works if your cat is worn out and the **** was brittle. My cat was still in good condition so i had to drill it out with a big circle drill bit. If you do my method be carefull not to entangle the drill bit with the metal mesh surrounding the squarish material or your legs will pay the price like mine did. lol i got the cuts to prove it.

good luck!

markp
red200sxser
AIM:mapball20

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mel E Bog:
How hard is it to do it? Anyone do it before? Its not for my car. It'll be for my friend's 240. TIA.

Mel
</font>
Youi really need to read Mike Kojimas article on gutting a cat. In short you are better off getting a straight pipe. But just in case it is the newest issue of SCC.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any tricks on getting those rusty cat bolts off? I think I remember someone posting it before but can't remember where to find it. TIA.

Mel

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Lots and Lots of liquid wrench. I ended up having to take my rear exhaust off since the cat bolts connecting it stripped out. When I finally got it off I used a smaller size socket by banging it on with a hammer then it came loose. Primitive but it worked.

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sr20deboston:
I think that you would have to do it on a plastic tarp. Cat guts are bloody.</font>
I'm impressed that it actually took that long for that comment. I know this is o/t but did any one see the post on the se-r list a few weeks back. The guy was complaining that his girlfriends cat smelled. That was bound for bad comments from the start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts