SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wazzup...
Has anyone tried shocks and springs combo on a 200sx SE-R: H&R Springs and KYB AGXs yet? I am wonderng how they would compare to the old trusty setup of Eibachs Pro and AGXs.
I have AGXs sitting in my garage but i am torn between H&R and Eibachs.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
It's been a while now, but 4 years ago, when I met my first SE-R List member in person, he had H&R springs.

I had the Pro-Kits. I couldn't tell the difference between the two, even driving both cars back to back.

It was strange, really. He had a black NX2000, dropped the same amount (1.25" for the H&R and the Eibach Pro-Kits). He had a Clifford Sabre II as well, just like mine. Twilight zone.

He's gone through a few cars since then, a Mk II Toyota MR2 Turbo, and a Mk I modified Miata. I've still got the NX2000 :)

But I digress...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From reading some info about the calculations of the AGX, the eibach prokits are not stiff enough for the AGX... A much better match are the Ground Control springs... I beleive the H&R are in between prokits and GC for stiffness, so they should be better than the prokits... Off the top of my head I can't remember the spring rates though... eibach are like 130? and the GC are around 300.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Perhaps.

Remember we're not comparing the same cars and suspension here though. I only have experience with my NX2000.

As a daily driver, with the occasional track foray (this weekend! woo hoo!), the Pro-Kits and GABs are great. Just don't dial them up too high. For the track, with Pro-Kits, 2-4 (front/rear) is good, and any stiffer, yes, you'll overpower the springs and be riding around on the dampers, which will shorten their life.

If it wasn't a daily driver, I wouldn't even bother with the GCs any more though, I'd get the Shocktek setup. Michael from Shocktek installed Jim's kit at Saltfest in the winter, and Mike Pahls' car with the same setup was there, and there's *no* comparison to GCs or anything else I've seen so far. Just awesome.

The second best setup going right now :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I got a few buddies where I installed h&r springs on their impreza 2.5 rs and they are really good springs. stiff, firm, but not a bad ride at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts