SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys keep your hands at 3 and 9 on the wheel?

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
When? Street, auto-x, track?

I keep mine at 3&9 for street and auto-x. On the track, I preset my hands for each individual turn so that in the middle of the turn, my hands are at 3&9.

So, I guess I have my hands at 3&9 all the time, everywhere.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Newbie? more like Old-bie
202 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eric96ser:
How many of you guys keep your hands at 3 and 9 on the wheel?
</font>
I start at 3&9, but I do so much hand shuffling that I usually lose track. I probably only return them to 3&9 for slaloms so I don't have to shuffle and can just work on the rhythm.

-Larry MacLeod

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERCA96:
I start at 3&9, but I do so much hand shuffling that I usually lose track. I probably only return them to 3&9 for slaloms so I don't have to shuffle and can just work on the rhythm.

-Larry MacLeod
</font>
I'm the same. I probably look like I'm a drowning victim.

Oh and Good to see you made it to the forum Larry. I think that makes 3 of us [edit]from Michigan that is[/edit].

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, Coming attractions: Toda Racing cams

[This message has been edited by Soupaflie (edited 09-07-2001).]

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do the same thing Matt. I try to set my hands up so when I'm in the turn, my hands are at 3 and 9.

·
Newbie? more like Old-bie
202 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Oh and Good to see you made it to the forum Larry. I think that makes 3 of us from Michigan that is.
</font>
Who's the 3rd one?

-Larry

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I drive with my left hand draped over the steering wheel and my right hand on a ladies thigh if she is in the car
actually, 10 and 2??? why 9 and 3?

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
You get a larger range of motion using 9/3 instead of 10/2. If I'm driving fast, on an auto-x or road course, I try to always have my hands at 9/3. If I'm just cruising, I usually have the left up at 12 and the right off wherever..... like Brian said, if there's a lady in the car....

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERCA96:
I start at 3&9, but I do so much hand shuffling that I usually lose track. </font>

Count me in this crowd.

Blair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts