SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever experienced this? When it first started to happen I thought that it was just the switch under the lever but I unplugged it and the park light stays on. It must be picking up an earth from somewhere else.... funny though coz sometimes when I accelerate it turns off but it soon comes on again....

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Check your brake fluid level, the light will come on if it's too low. The fact that it went off when you accelerated is a clue. When you accelerated, the nose of the car pitched up, which sloshed the fluid and caused the light to go off momentarily.

Cheers,
Chris

G

·
0 Posts
Funny, My handbrake light doesn't come on at all! It only comes one when a start the car and ALL the lights come on. Weird...

------------------
Vance Greeen
'91 NX2000

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
There is an electrical connector for the E-Brake right underneath the panels that cover it up.

Clean and or/reconnect it.

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Registered
594 Posts
my handbrake light comes on sometimes while im driving. i haven't confirmed this but it seems as tho it does it on high revs and when i shift, there's no problem. maybe im jus paranoid.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Mine used be on all the time, and after I noticed one of my rear rotors was rusted I figured the caliper was siezed and left it alone (no $$$) well.. the light went out eventually and I noticed recently that the rusty rotor is now clean so I'm guessing it un-stuck itself, who knows? I'm a big fan of "leave it alone, I'm broke" type car repairs. You never know when something is gonna fix itself

1 - 8 of 8 Posts