SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have acquired me some brandy new shaved 205/55/14 Hankook Ventus Z211 R-compound track tires. I'll be running them this weekend at VIR-south with Tarheel Sports Car Club and I'll be reporting on how well I like these tires.

Initial thoughts: They are wiiiiiiide. I'd estimate at least 1/2" wider than the 205 Toyos on my car right now. I hope I don't have clearance issues in back or else I'll have to run my 3mm spacers.

They also seem pretty light to me. ~20 lbs each, which if I'm not mistaken is very close to a Hoosier-daddy, and a good bit lighter than Toyos. What's a 205/55/14 Hoosier weigh???

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ah, great. Not enough reviews out there.
Cant wait to read yours.

My 225/50/16 Z211's are on the way, the shop has my 16"x7" Slipstreams to mount them on as soon as the container arrives.

Cant wait to run those tires this summer at my Solo I events. Grip... here I come :)

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They get two thumbs up from me.

The grip is good. They feel like a very good Toyo. Very consistent performance. Wear was minimal over 2 days. They grip a wet surface very well, even when shaved. Good stuff.

·
8,886 Posts
MaddMatt said:
They get two thumbs up from me.

The grip is good. They feel like a very good Toyo. Very consistent performance. Wear was minimal over 2 days. They grip a wet surface very well, even when shaved. Good stuff.

So does that mean you like them better then the TOYO's?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So does that mean you like them better then the TOYO's?
So far, yes. They are $30/each cheaper. If they last as long and don't heat cycle themselves to death after 2 weekends, they'll be on my shopping list again for sure.

·
Registered
821 Posts
MaddMatt said:
So far, yes. They are $30/each cheaper. If they last as long and don't heat cycle themselves to death after 2 weekends, they'll be on my shopping list again for sure.

hey matt, where did you get them and how much did they cost?

thanks!

·
8,886 Posts
MaddMatt said:
Great, Keep us informed.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great, Im glad to hear that.

After spending the weekend slipping and slidding on my A520's :)
I cant wait to receive my Z211's. They will be here around the 21st !!!

Though I have to agree, the temperature was mostly at fault... it was almost freezing point.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
hey matt, where did you get them
If anyone is interested, give the same guy I went through a call. He said he's one set short of a 40 tire order. His name is Ian, and his number is 610-688-8071. He's in PA. Tell him Matt sent you :)

and how much did they cost?
~$133 each. Kumhos are $92, Toyos are $165.

I asked him today how many heat cycles they can take before they fall off and he said "about 12". That concerned me. Then he said they were only ~.5 second slower per lap than a new set. At that point I was relieved because I remember Kumhos falling of 2-3 seconds *at least* after 3 weekends. Hell, at the end their life, my last set of V700s were no faster than a street tire. 1/2 second is just noise in my driving ability/consistency.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts