SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the NX2K a couple of years ago with 59,000 miles on the odometer it has been hard to start and gets poor fuel economy about 19 around town 24 highway. I have changed plugs, cap, rotor, wires, set timing, idle, replaced o2 with known good one, I retrived codes of the ecu and got a Knock sensor code replaced with known good one, checked maf grounding per se-r net and checked out fine, replaced fuel injector o-rings, changed ecu's with my 92 se-r (The NX ECU works fine in the SE-R), and multiple other things. nothing seemed to work. All of the parts I tried that where known good are from the original motor from my SE-R. when you start the NX it cranks for like 10-15 seconds then stumbles for a few seconds and them runs the car seems to stumble and hesitate and is not all that smooth running. the car is stock except for a muffler and HKS underhood intake. For comparison my 92 se-r runs great strong gets 25-6 mpg in town and about 30 on the highway with, an aem cold air intake, hotshot gen 5 header, and custom magnaflow 2.25" exhaust. the NX has 82,000 miles on it now and this is really starting to get annoying if anyone has any suggestions I would appriciate it.

Thanks

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
to test each injector you have to pull the distributor off and turn it and make every one of them make a noise IIRC.

·
SR powered S13 coupe
6,728 Posts
Mikey,

have you checked your ground wires? I had an issue recently, took time to start and was acting like it was flooding sometimes, and it was related to a poor ground connection from the motor (under the water neck) to the chassis (behind the battery). Check that connection when you have some time.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Checked the fuel pressure? Any smashed lines under the car that would be preventing fuel coming to/returning fron the engine?

·
OMFG WTF BBQ
555 Posts
what walbro version did you install? the high pressure or low pressure version? IIRC the high pressure version requires an aftermarket FPR otherwise you drown the motor at idle especially.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fixed the hard start finally. it was a bad Fuel Pressure Regulator. Talking to the origonal owner the car has been this way since new. now he is speachless as he now knows what the car should have performed like. He wishes he kept it, but I think he was just being polite as he has an 01 and 06 ZO6 Corvettes to keep him buisy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts