SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 SE-R with ABS and no one seems to have struts for SE-R with ABS. Can someone piont me in right direction.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anything at this piont because no carries any shocks or struts for that car with abs
need alot of help

thanx raf

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thats a typo. I called and asked about KYBs for my '91. They have them. The guy I talked to was actually being a jerk saying that the website lists 91-99. I told him no, I was looking at the site and it says 95-99. He refused to admit the site is wrong. He decided to feel that I was mistaken instead. I wouldn't have bought them for these guys, but $389 is hard to beat!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
abs or not, I think they are both the same, the only diffrence is in the axle where the sensor is, but the hub size and bolts are the same, same with the brake lines.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what your saying is that could get kyb's and most likely that they would fit even if i have ABS? Alot of these people read out of a book and if the book says that it won't then they think that it will not but then there people like you guys that have proven them wrong. All this goes back to me doing a magazine because thier is so much knowlege here that no one knows about thanks guys for your help on this i wont forget you when time come for the mag.
i think i'm going to try get the kyb's, you never know they just might work.

thanx RAF

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RAFSE-R:
i have a 91 SE-R with ABS and no one seems to have struts for SE-R with ABS. Can someone piont me in right direction.</font>
Shocks

http://www.sr20de.net/suspension/#rates says:
KYB Sentra ~$80 each Only rears will fit with ABS
(for the non-adjustable KYBs)

I'd call or e-mail them at:
KYB America LLC
140 N. Mitchell Court
Addison, IL 60101
Phone: (630) 620-5555 -- Fax: (630) 620-8133
E-mail: [email protected]

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
My 92 does not have ABS. However, the AGXs that I bought have the little tab-thingy for the ABS sensor. So, even if they don't have a listing for ABS, I think it's a one-size-fits-all deal.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
And I find the people that work the phones and take orders at these warehouses rarely have a clue as to what they are selling. If it's not listed on a sheet of paper sitting in front of them, they have no idea.

Matt

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The only difference is the tab for the abs i think...if it doesnt come with it just zip tie the abs line in back of the strut...the tab is there so when u turn and shiet it doesnt rub with the tire but zip tying works the same...thats what i did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts