SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 NX2000 with 97,000 miles. The car rides harshly. At times the steering wheel shakes. Also I get a lot of noise from the rear of the car when traveling at expressway speeds. The tires have good tread, but are older. The shocks and struts have been replaced recently. The rear brake rotors are also new. What else could make the car ride harshly? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keith Thompson:
I have a 93 NX2000 with 97,000 miles. The car rides harshly. At times the steering wheel shakes. Also I get a lot of noise from the rear of the car when traveling at expressway speeds. The tires have good tread, but are older. The shocks and struts have been replaced recently. The rear brake rotors are also new. What else could make the car ride harshly? Thanks.</font>
The NX rides a little harsh stock (well, in my opinion, that is.) As for the steering wheel shaking, might be that the alignment is off, or the wheel/tire needs to be rebalanced.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Balance those tires. Get an alignment... THATS AN ORDER! Just Kidding. I agree with rollcage on this one.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
If you have old tires, then suspect those right off. You might be able to test the vibration by swapping your wheels front to rear, or in some different combination to see if the shaking changes.

I had a 65 mph+ vibration on my SE-R go away after getting new tires. I had changed the front rotors, thinking I had warped them at a lapping day, but that didn't solve the problem.

Bearings can make noise, but try those tires first.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
one of your rims could be bent

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think its safe to say that you need an alignment and a balance too...your tire pressure could be off as well...or you might need new tires altogether if they are old...try the alignment and wheel balance first though...

------------------
1992 Nissan NX2000
White...fully loaded

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys I balance my own tires at the dealership I work at and I was wondering if anybody else had problems with the weights staying on the stock NX wheels? Mine always come off as soon as I hit the road. I tied the stick on weights but then the front caliper hit them and they fell off. What the ****? I guess the lip on the edge of the rim is weird or someting. Well thats it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts