SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here ever relocated their coolant overflow resevoir? I was thinking of doing this to free up some engine room. If you did, where did you put it?

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
intercooler piping, thats the only thing i can think of

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had to. It was to free up room for the front mount intercooler. I just removed the bracket it sat in and then wedged it between the headlight and intercooler pipe.

·
Banned
543 Posts
i took it out and threw it in the trash!cars have been running fine without them for 60 years its just a safety/pollution thing man ditch it i have been running without it for over a year with no problems so has other people on here

·
Wiggatastic!
1,043 Posts
sr20andafalcon said:
i took it out and threw it in the trash!cars have been running fine without them for 60 years its just a safety/pollution thing man ditch it i have been running without it for over a year with no problems so has other people on here
You have to have one to run at the drag strip...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Coolant flows both ways through the radiator cap. Without the tank when the coolant expands it may spill out to the street, then when it cools it will suck air into the radiator. Bubbles in the coolant are not usually a good thing. You can probably get away with no tank if your climate is fairly consistant year round, or if you are vigilant about topping off the radiator.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just wanted to free up some room in the engine bay when i work on stuff around that area. I'm trying to free up as much room as possible in the engine bay. I don't think i feel comfortable just taking it out...maybe i can rig up something like that thing on ebay. im sure it's not hard... I was also thinking the trunk but then i also thought "****, that's ALOT of hose" :D

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah im gonna try the catch can thing tomorrow, but i think i'll just rig it up myself...i'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I can answer for [email protected] I bought his car from him haha and sold it back to him after about a year haha. He relocated the battery and the windshield washer fluid to his trunk. The battery was fine, however due to the liquid from the washer fluid resevior there was condensation in the trunk. I assume you would face the same problem if you tried to put the radiator overflow in there too. I didn't attempt to totally seal the fluid tank so that might help. Still, it was weird hearing the motor from behind you haha.

If you need any advice from him just pm him.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Do you have any pics of the relocated washer fluid stuff?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts