SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about ready to get these springs, however, I am a noise freak.

I've read duct tape tape and other tricks, but everyone seems to say the noise comes back after a few months. Is there any good long term solution? Anyone know where I can find more info on what exactaly causes the noise?

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Doug,

I recently installed my GC/AGX setup. It is quiet as stock right now which means NO noise at all. The only thing that might start making noise is the front top hat which the torington (sp?) bearing sits on. But I have that greased up. So once it starts making noise, which I suspect won't be for a while, it will take me 5 minutes to raise the car and grease it up again. Remember to do the duct tape trick and in the back, make sure that you have rubber washers between all metal pieces (metal washer, top hat, rear mount, nut).

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, Saaby. I'm going to go ahead and order them. How harsh is your 300r/350f setup compared to stock?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just ordered mine. What are the tricks you are talkin' about? I don't want a noisy suspension either.

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
Doug,
Look at the thread "AGX Settings with Sportlines" under the Sentra section in this forum. I listed my feelings/opinions on the setup in that thread. As far as tips go, make sure you order the motivational engineering's rear mounts if you have the b14 and use the duct tape method. You will also need to grind the plates on the front AGX's to get the threaded collars around the shock body. If you don't understand any of this I can send you some emails with info or point you to the right direction to get info.

Acutally, if you need more information, go to www.se-r.net and on the mailing list, search for keywords "GC duct tape" and "grind AGX" or other keywords that would bring up threads related to this topic. Read the threads and if there is something you don't understand about what you read, let me know and I'll try to help.

-saaby

------------------
Red 99 SE with: CAI, KYB AGX/Ground Control 350 in/lb front 300 in/lb rear, Stillen Front STB, Redline MT90, ES Motor Mounts (4-set), Timing changed to 15 degrees

[This message has been edited by Saaby (edited 07-13-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts