1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
HYEST said:
what was the outcome?
just curious.
thanks
I have raced two. Both at the drag strip, and both times I got the better r/t and launch, and they walked by me at the 1/8th mile. This was a couple years ago before I had a header, though (just intake, exhaust and ECU). They were lightly modded with just a header and intake. They ran 14.6s with sucky launches.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
14.6 in the 1/8th mile, and you couldn't top that? j/k ;)
Preludes are pretty nice cars. 2.2L, 19X hp, w/ torque... Sure, they're a bit heavy, but no that much. My buddy's stock Integra Type R ran 14.5s all day. I'd actually be ahead of him until the 1-2 shift and then it's over. That's the same peak hp, but without the torque (almost half a liter less displacement) in a slightly lighter car.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah, I walked by Driven97 like he was going backwards... JK matt.

anyway, yeah, I raced a lude one time.. stupid fake sticks... autostick BS.. I kicked his ass.. but then again, I was in my R...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yeah, on the way back from Cincinatti on I-75, one pulled next to me in the fast lane cruising at about 60. It was forest green with a cannon exhaust, maybe Tanabe, a subtle body kit, not ugly but sleek and a single A-pillar pod. He gives a nice rev, he had 1 passenger, I had 2. I drop into 3rd, mind you this was before the JWT ECU, 9.2mm wires and CAI. I was right on his ass until my top end clicked off at 112. :mad: It was fun though!

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Vtec said:
Yeah, I walked by Driven97 like he was going backwards... JK matt.

anyway, yeah, I raced a lude one time.. stupid fake sticks... autostick BS.. I kicked his ass.. but then again, I was in my R...
Matt, You gonna let him talk to you like that? :D

You're never gonna quite rubbing it in that you have an ITR are you? ;) I want to race that thing this spring. :D

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
Soupaflie said:
Matt, You gonna let him talk to you like that? :D

You're never gonna quite rubbing it in that you have an ITR are you? ;) I want to race that thing this spring. :D
I guess I have to until I get a DET in...

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I went up against a current gen 5spd stock lude in my NX and beat him 3 times 2 from a stop and once rolling. My NX has I/H/E 4 pulley set, lightened stock flywheel.

I beat an older Porsche 911 in my DET SE-R yesterday, so far its undefeated but hasn't had much time on the road yet :)

Matt
Matt

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
I raced a few of them. A friend of mine has a 2000 prelude type SH. We were about dead even. He was stock and I had a weapon R intake. But now with all of my mods I raced this 96 DOCH VTEC prelude. I dont know why but I spanked him. He had an exhaust and it sounded like an intake up front. I got him by about a car and a half. But otherwise they are nice cars. I have seen some fast ones that were all motor at the track with times on there windows in the 13's.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yep, raced one with bolt ons. They are quick. We were dead even in first and second and I started inching in third.

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
my friend got one, its the auto stick, but its pretty quick he got i/h/e and a 50 shot
i take him off the line.. he cant hang with me off the line, but i cant hang with him on the parkway.. this is off the bottle btw

i love the new gen preludes.. the only thing i dont like is the hefty weight

·
Registered
765 Posts
My bro has a lude and so do alot of my friends. They arent as heavy as you might think, my friend weighed his 99 base 5spd on the scale it was right at 2900lbs full interior.

Anyways, my bro has i/e on his and we are about even, sometimes he beats me by a few feet... Same with my friends ludes.. we all run in the 14.6-14.7 range. Before i got the header and 91 cam they all used to beat my ass! They pull really well in 3rd gear. Hopefully when I get an ECU I will be able to take them :D

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
Yes.

I was at the dragstrip with a BONE STOCK Prelude. Ran a [email protected] Best I pulled that day was a 15.4 in my modded out SE-R. My car had crap tires and a bum clutch, but that is an impressive Prelude time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Driven97 said:

I guess I have to until I get a DET in...

Mod for mod buddy!!!

anyway, All right, Soupaflie, We can take some laps at gingerman then!!!! What really pisses me off, is when Matt and I co-drive my car for Auto crossing and he beats me 2 times now!!! :D

anyway, I allmost ended up with a Lude, I was changing my mind everyday, but then I "Settled" :rolleyes: for my R...... :D :D :D

-Neeraj

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
I raced my buddies Type SH and couldn't believe i was able to pull on him gradually. He was surprised as well. He has a mugen header and exhaust and intake at the time. Haven't had the chance to race him with his S-AFC yet.

F. dela Cruz
96 SER
JWT S3,ECU,HS Header, HS CAI,Venom 2001 Prog. Nos Module( wasn't using at the time )

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Ferdie Dela Cruz said:
I raced my buddies Type SH and couldn't believe i was able to pull on him gradually. He was surprised as well. He has a mugen header and exhaust and intake at the time. Haven't had the chance to race him with his S-AFC yet.
I think I would have been pissed if I was him. Dropping 2 grand on a header and exhaust, and can't take a 140hp Nissan! Damn that must suck. :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just the other night i raced one. Im guessing this guy couldnt drive to save his life cause at the light i pulled on him enough to cut over infront of him and flash my hazards. It was great. My only mods are 17 degree timing, hot shot hearder and PRI. Sometimes it just comes down to who is driving. Im sure he would have beat me had he known how to drive that thing....

damn sure felt great though!!

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
the Type SH isn't all that quick, loses a lot of power through the ATTS... mine ran 15.1 with cam gears and pulleys (stock I/H/E) 15.2's when stock... they do trap pretty high though, 92-93mph.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts