SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just ordered mine today so i can install it with my new clutch since the tranny has to come off anyway so i was just curious!!!

thanks
ray

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
i think i will use it even on my LSD tranny...as opposed to buying a 700-800$ NISMO LSD Unit... brothas be broke these days so a $250 PG that is said to perform pretty good and while aiding a stock LSD may be a good option for me

I believe the part number for any thing with an SR20 is 906-GOLD

and if you wnat the heavy duty app its 906-Green (stronger springs)

there was a group buy onit some time ago that got it for like $230...maybe we can run another.. Id be down!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I installed one on my non-lsd tranny. I used the upgraded green springs. I like it but it didn't perform as well as I would like. However I used only 1 spacer because i had a weak c-clamp. If you put 4 spacers, I guess it would be much stronger.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Well at least the inner wheel doesn't spin like crazy when I accelerate out of a tight turn like it used to on an open diff. Seems to launch a bit harder without spinning. The only "real" lsd I driven are rear wheel drives so I can't really compare.

·
Road Race DE
195 Posts
I have one installed in my 98' non-LSD tranny with the green springs and the max amount of shims that would fit. I am very happy with it. Powering out of a turn no longer results in the inside tire lighting up. It works in a very linear manner and I also have no problems with torque steer. I think it is a great alternative to a gear or clutch-pack based LSD.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
todd, who did your install?

·
Road Race DE
195 Posts
iczer200sx said:
todd, who did your install?
The infamous George Peters installed mine while I had the tranny out for a clutch job. Excellent service and fast turnaround. I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
could you mention his location, price, and how much it cost you total. just pm me if you can't mention it here. where in sd are you at? are you the green se?

·
Registered
705 Posts
iczer200sx said:
could you mention his location, price, and how much it cost you total. just pm me if you can't mention it here. where in sd are you at? are you the green se?
Just do the install yourself.. I did mine and that was the first time I opened the transmission. It is very easy if you don't disassemble all the gears like I did.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
99SE-L said:
Just do the install yourself.. I did mine and that was the first time I opened the transmission. It is very easy if you don't disassemble all the gears like I did.
I really want to try one, but I'm afraid the semi-locking will increase push in slower, autocross type corners. Any opinions on this?

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
A freind of my brother put one in his festiva and he says it works well but my stock LSD works better than his open diff and phantom grip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts