SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting some cams and I need a new head gasket. What would be the best kind to get?
I have heard of copper gaskets. Would I be dumb to get one of these. I only have intake, header, cat back. How much does a gasket cost?
any help would be great.
mz

------------------
The dirty rain falls in funky town

G

·
0 Posts
You dont need a head gasket to change your cams. You will only be taking your valve cover off. The stock one will work. You will also need the spark plug gaskets.

MarC

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
You won't even need any gaskets to tell you the truth, they are all rubber. I've taken off my valve cover to do stuff and I replaced it the second i got the car. Unless you haven't replaced it, Don't worry bout gaskets

------------------
93 SE-R with 91 SR20DE. When you're driving an SE-R, you're living. Everything else is just waiting.

Thinkin of suspension....

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry. not a headgasket the one under the valve cover. I have oil leaking from around the valve cover.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
just go straight to Nissan, they are prettyy cheap. Call courtesy, they have em i bet

------------------
93 SE-R with 91 SR20DE. When you're driving an SE-R, you're living. Everything else is just waiting.

Thinkin of suspension....

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 93W91SER:
You won't even need any gaskets to tell you the truth, they are all rubber. I've taken off my valve cover to do stuff and I replaced it the second i got the car. Unless you haven't replaced it, Don't worry bout gaskets

</font>
it has always been said thats a good idea to replace any gasket, any time you take anythign apart. if i were him, i would replace the VC gasket whle hes in there, cuz you never know. you could develop a leak the day afetr you torque the VC down, then its jus ta pain to do it again.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts