SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just wondering, for anyone that's done the DE to DET swap and changed out the bearings, is the head gasket off of the DE the same as the DET (BB specifically). I'm going to be tearing down a BB motor I have and want to make sure I don't have to order a different head gasket. I would assume not, but want to verify. Louis, you have a BB DET, right? Are the gaskets the same? Thanks for the info!!!

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
no, the bb headgasket is diffrent. it can be swapped out, but the turbo gasket is stronger. nissan motorsports sells it.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Damn! Thanks for the heads up Brian. BTW, how much are they from Courtesy (I'm assuming you guys can get them, right?)?

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
Registered
782 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mike Gosselin:
Summit racing has .043" copper head gaskets for $44 with... free shipping
</font>
Say NO to copper head gaskets! They don't seal properly! I alredy looked into this; I ended purchasing on eand then throwing it in the garbage! Don't use a copper head gasket! Use either a stock Nissan gasket or an aftermarket Metal head gasket.

The SR20DET head gasket will fit onto an SR20DE but not vice versa. There is an additional tab on the SR20DET for some reason! I think teh stock Nissan gasket material is the same thickness on the SR20DET and the SR20DE making them equally as strong. I have seen the stock Nissan Head Gasket hold 400+ hp.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 288.9 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.0 @ 118.77 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

[This message has been edited by APEXSER (edited 04-18-2001).]

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Im about to put the head back on my DET... I ordered the the factory head gasket kit.. I have the DET head gasket so can compare. Louis, where is the tab and does it cover something?? Are you sure they can't be interchanged (de to DET)?

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
Guys I have the head gaskets from the DE and the BBDET right next to each other, they are identical....

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts