SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well jus found out i had 2 bad valves ..and was wondering how would i go about rerbuilding it the motor it gonna be sprayed then turbo down the line i was thinkin bc stg 3 cams springs/retainers/valves/lifters/rockers/.port and polish head port out manifold,throttle body out get bigger,angled valve job depending on how much..sounds good forgettin anything i wanna do it right so there no worries ohh and it gonna 100shot direct port then progessive soon after

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
You trying to copy me??? Just kidding.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there any power gains when porting out manifold/throttle body....??also are vg30dett injectors 2 big for a nitrous/all motor setup???:confused: :confused:

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Porting and polishing can allow for better gains, as it helps with flow characteristics. I wouldn't just do the intake side of the house though, I'd do the head as a whole. Also, why port the throttle body? Just go with a different TB and get a JWT or Calum ECU. JWT has a nitrous program, IIRC. Doesn't matter what injector size you go, they're still going to flow at the stock FPR settings, unless you get an AFPR and a fuel pump that will support higher flow rates.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so is there anything in particular i should do like machining wise???jus do the whole and replace everything....the tuning part im leave that up 2 my boy cuz he doin it 4 free do 2 the fact of me being the first nissan he does all the other cars he's done came pretty good..(honda/mazda/toyota):biggthump :biggthump :biggthump

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
that will be about 12.5:1 compression or so, maybe 12.8:1.

with those cams, i dont think i'd mill the head, your comp may be too high and you may have detonation issues.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that will be about 12.5:1 compression or so, maybe 12.8:1.

with those cams, i dont think i'd mill the head, your comp may be too high and you may have detonation issues.
so what do u suggest i want a all motor beast wit some juice jus i case :biggthump :biggthump

·
Registered
507 Posts
Why not have someone build you a head, who knows the entire situation your motor is currently able to withstand? You can spend 3g's getting a head to flow and it's worth it, (When it doesn't blow up, cuz of mismatched parts).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts