SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided to buy the JWT headers. Has anyone else bought these headers? I'm kinda confused on what gaskets I need.

Does the headers come with the manifold/block gasket?

Should I reuse the O2 sensor or spring for a new one?

Any one have any horror/success stories with this particular set of headers (JWT)?

Sorry to be such a newbie bitch, I'm just trying to get it right the first time!

Thanks....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"SR20DE FWD header $450 (10-15 HP gain)
This header is a "Tri-Y design" and had 4-2-1 primaries and a flex pipe at the
bottom. This header has a bright finish ceramic coating (looks like polished
aluminum.) There are fittings for the EGR, AIV if needed and 02 sensor. There
is a center copper gasket and you purchase new top and bottom gaskets from
Nissan. Horsepower gain is about 10-15 HP."

That is from the e-mail I recieved from them the other day....

I guess I don't understand what they are talking about "top and bottom" gaskets, exactly....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So basically it only comes with the gasket between the top piece and the bottom piece where the flex pipe is at??

Ok, so I guess I can use a stock gasket between the header and the cat?

WTF do I do for the header to block gasket?

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn't recieve any gaskets with my JWT/Hotshot headers. Use a stock gasket between the headers and the engine block, the same goes for the cat/headers connection. The middle part is quickly taken care of with a mid-80's non-turbo Z gasket (for the same connection). You'll have to drill out the rear two holes a bit to allow the gasket to align right. Also, a bit of the gasket will stick out all the way around, so if looks are an issue, just use RVT sealant (liquid copper gasket). You may have to replace this every once in awhile, though.
Hope this helps.
As far as performance, I love these headers so far. Aside from being a PITA to install (I was a newbie then), they were well worth the effort. They are great, IMO!

Be safe and good luck,
Ryan
'96 SE-R w/ Gen 4 Hotshots, GC coilovers, PR mounts, HKS catback, alum. flywheel, clutch, blah, blah, blah....

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
You could call Hotshot and tell them that you would like to purchase the copper gaskets for the SR20DE header. These (all 3) were included when I bought my Hotshot header (JWT sells the hotshot).

Since the ad says it comes with the center gasket, you could just ask hotshot for the other two.

[This message has been edited by jacen99SE (edited 02-22-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Confusion is right!

GUYS GUYS GUYS....

There is NO such thing as "JWT headers"... they are just Hotshots bought by JWT and re-sold. Tsk tsk tsk to those of you who don't know that!!

------------------
Jordan
'98 Sentra SE(R)
Hotshot G3 Header, Hotshot CAI, JWT s4 Cams, KYB AGXs, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, MOMO Shifter, Nis-Knacks chrome projector headlights and clear corners, 205/50/15 Pirelli P700Z's on SE-R wheels, 205/40/17 Kuhmos on 17" Borbet Type S's for the summer

15.454 @ 88mph at
Englishtown, NJ - stock cams

14's this season

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jacen99SE, thanks, I didn't know that JWT/Hotshot headers were the same thing. Seems like ordering the gasket set from them might be the easiest thing. Thanks everybody, for the good information!!

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 02-22-2001).]

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Confusion is right!

GUYS GUYS GUYS....

There is NO such thing as "JWT headers"... they are just Hotshots bought by JWT and re-sold. Tsk tsk tsk to those of you who don't know that!!

</font>
and, to take away from the confusion call courtesy and tell them you want 2 new gaskets...head to header and secondary to cat.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts