SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed an e-bay header and just noticed that the bungs are different sizes. Here is the problem, the egt sensor and aiv flow tube only thread to the lower bung. The upper bung is to small for either. What am i missing, do i need a different sized aiv tube or smaller egt sensor? And if so, where can i source either of these parts? my car is in final stages of it "rebuild" and i whould hate to keep it on jacks any longer than nessesary.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, what is keeping me from finding a nipple threaded to the size of the smaller of the two bungs and using a flex tube (PCV hose) in place of the hard line connecting to the AIV valve?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am talking about the sensor that should be threaded into the header midway down and the aluminum flow tube that runs from the bottom of the header into the rubber hose at the AIV valve mounted to the front of the engine next to the oil catch can. It is rather long and has a bracket that allows it to be mounted near the thermostat.

EGR has nothing to do with my question. The egr flow tube is located on the upper left side of the header, runs around the left side of the engine, under the distributor, under the coil, above the throttle body and up into the egr valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts