SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stud on the original manifold is badly rusted and it looks like its gonna break if we take it out, So me and my bro decide not to take it out incase things might happens. Is there a way we can prevent this? or is it anyway we can do incase the stud do break and stuck inside the block.

thx
Tri

·
Registered
270 Posts
PB blaster is what i used on the studs, egr pipe, and O2 sensor and did not have a single problem. All pieces had never been removed since 97 and has 173k, and it worked great!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't think I've ever snapped one by taking it off.... putting them on though.... thats another story. You should be straight. Chad.

·
boost virus infects me
836 Posts
One key thing to remember when taking of the nuts of the stud is to NOT JERK ON IT. Use constant turning pressure and not jerk it. If it does break use a bolt extractor like said.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Spray a good amount of PB blaster on it and wait for a few hours for it to penetrate, then apply pressure to the nut and hit on the end of the breaker bar with you hand, if that gets too painful use a hammer to hit on the end of the bar. It should break lose, tugging on it very hard and pulling as hard as you can usually leads to stripped out nuts or broken studs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts