SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my Pace Setter Headers (well my friend at the muffler shop did), anyhow..

I like the gains or it feels like I gain some power, how ever it's really loud now.

I'm wondering if there is a way to silence down the mufflers loud sound. Prior to the headers I just had a High Flow Cat, and a dual tipped Boral Muffler. The muffler was loud but not nearly as loud now.

any suggestions. My car is not highly noticed, it sucks while driving around town!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
hmmm. Im thinking it could be your muffler. Im running the Pacesetter with NO CAT and the stock muffler. You cant even tell.
No noise at all. fast91ser is running a pacesetter with an aftermarket muff. He might know. But i would say go with a different muff.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the muffler before install was really nice, low and not loud.

Now I have a raspy sound.

I have the Catalatic Converter Still on too... Not to sure why it's friggin loud. I do not mind loud. But it sucks for normal driving around town.. cops are sure to stick on my ass now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sound has a Raspy and Tinny sound as I get to higher RpMS.. would you all may know what cuases this and a soulution around the noise.

Remeber, Pacesetters Headers, with Borladual tip muffler

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
only one solution: get yourself a resonator. No louvered, but perforated core. That will quite your exhaust down..its really the only solution....or you could try changing to a single tip muffler, but my intuition tells me you don't wanna do that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on, thats,, You know were I could pick one of these up for a decent price>>??

This sound has to ****ing go. Sounds like ****.

Thanks Again.

·
Side by side through 9
719 Posts
Koda,

Are you sure you don't have a leak somewhere? You should double check that you don't before you start getting more stuff.

Smooth, removing the car does nothing for your powerband. I've been at the dyno twice and the gains were maybe 1hp. The downside is you are causing a *lot* more pollution and the car sounds like crap (IMO).

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know that is what I was thinking TOo,

The sound sounds simalar to a cracked manifold. However it's coming from the end of the car. However I'll be going back to the shop tomarrow and telling dude to fix the ****.

This is so **** too. I just got back from the store had a muther ****ing cop follow me for days due to this loud ass ****, good thing over the overpass was another city so he turned away.

So Yeah I'll be looking into this, all of your comments will help. So if you have any suggestions please provide them all too me, so that I can bring this up with dude.

At the moment I'm just pissed that it sounds like ass and I wish I had never went through with this. I hope things will change.

Thanks Again Peeps.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
gsr20det said:
Koda,

Are you sure you don't have a leak somewhere? You should double check that you don't before you start getting more stuff.

Smooth, removing the car does nothing for your powerband. I've been at the dyno twice and the gains were maybe 1hp. The downside is you are causing a *lot* more pollution and the car sounds like crap (IMO).

Tom
Yeah , I knew about that 1hp. :( But the bolts on it were rusted on so I had to cut them off. Then the test pipe was an easy fix.
My test pipe rattles like Vtec though!! LOOK OUT!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another question...

What is the best way to catch a exhaust leak? Most articals I have read about the INFAMOUS TINNY MATALLIC sound say it's do to a tack weld possibly breaking off??

Who knows it could be hella **** at this point, from leaks, to broken baffle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts