SR20 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of a little wisdom.

Being the bolt on junkie that I am, I've done the JW pop charger, Greddy cat back, ECU, and the Stillen Throttle body upgrade.

My stock header has got to be holding me up right?

Are they a b-otch to put on myself? (shade tree garage, Just me and my jack) =(

Am I going to have to upgrade the computer again?

Anyway, Thanks for being there, I'm learning a lot just reading!

------------------
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Yup. Header is a walk in the park. 13 nuts to remove and reinstall, and then the 02 sensor and AIV thing that you high port folks have.
Easy stuff.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doh!

Found you guys too late!!

I did it a couple of years ago (4! dam time flies when you get married and have a kid!)

HSs' kit come with gaskets and all?

------------------

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
No, the hotshot kit doesn't come with the two OEM gaskets you need. I'd say get the header, I love mine. The car pulls a lot harder now with it than without espeically above 4k.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Side by side through 9
719 Posts
The HotShot headers currently come with all three gaskets (head to manifold, primary to secondary, and cat).

Tom

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
The only gasket I got was the copper one that connects the two pieces of the header.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
My brandy-new Hotshot had all the gaskets. I actually had a little trouble getting the header on over the studs. I ended up opening up some of the stud holes a bit with a drill.

Install went fairly easy. No major problems other than a bolt on the cat breaking. Also, I found it much easier to work in there if the radiator fans came out.

You shouldn't need to reprogram the ECU. Your car won't suddenly start running like sh!t because the ECU doesn't know you have a header. It just may be down a horse or two without it.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

[This message has been edited by MaddMatt (edited 04-27-2001).]

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great Thanks

But hey Jordan what is up with the rust i saw you post about? Really bad? I'm her in NE and we use the same amout of salt(if not more than PA) Should I pre-paint it??

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts