SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I called JWT and ordered a header for my 200, they will be here this weekend and I want to do the install this weekend while my fiance will be out of town, anyway it does not look like I will be able to get a catback exhaust in time. So would I notice any improvements with a new header but stock exhaust? Should I wait till I get the exhaust in as well before doing the work?

Thanks in Advance,

------------------
Dan

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is a JWT / HotShot header, and my car is a 97 200 SX SE-R, but the good news is I tracked down a HKS catback exhaust and it will be here in time after all, I probally did not need to go with something like the HKS but what the heck, I am going to have a fun weekend.

Thanks All!!

------------------
Dan

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i was running my HS header w/ stock exhaust for about 2 months. i noticed a gain after 5500 rpms once i added the cat back. also, b4 the cat-back, if i floored it and let off all of a sudden the rpms would drop rapidly. i no longer experience this w/ the fatter b pipe and straight thru muffler.

------------------
stiletto

99 Sentra SEL platinum gold w/ HS headers and CAI, custom b-pipe, arospeed exhaust, magnecor 8.5mm wires, eibach pro-kit, courtesy nissan frt and rear STB, smc short shifter, greddy knob, jwt clutch, k&n crankcase breather, 17 deg. timing, EL indiglo HVAC, clear corners and taillights and not a single stock bulb.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Well yes, but let's not forget the B14 exhaust is more restrictive than the B13.

Dan, you *WILL* feel a nice kick in the ass when you install the header. About a year go all I had was a CAI, I put on a G3 Hotshot header, and WOW, did I ever like the way it felt after that.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
YOU WILL IMPRUVE YOUR PERFORMANCE IN ABOUT 9-11 WHP ,DO IT .
BY THE WAY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HS HEADER?

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Yes! I ran like this for a while. With just a first generation Stillen, and a POP intake, my car was making 132 @ the wheels.

Until I got cams, stock exhaust wasn't too much of a restriction.

Note, this info is for 91-93 cars. If you have a later car, do yourself a favour and get a catback. They're more restricted than the earlier vehicles, and your performace will suffer with the stock diameter piping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts