SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
_SE-R_ said:
Would this be worth doing? Ive read the threads on doing the dp but would wraping the intake pipe have benifits aswell?
I would say that depends on how it i routed. If it is away from the downpipe and intake manifold it may not be worth it. You would probably get better results with cold air intake into the turbo.

·
born 4 boost live 4 ve
1,288 Posts
i have my first intercooler pipe off the turbo wraped and part of the downpipe and it diffently makes a difference in my opinion.

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
HkSBlueBird4u said:
its seriously works an it should keep some percentage of the air denser.
One of those words is right....

Anyway if you read the latest issue of SCC Dave Coleman has an article about how the theory that the compressor side of the turbo heats the charge to a certain temp regardless of the intake temp. is completely false. WHile it does heat the intake charge a certain amount, it is not relative to the inlet temp. Thus the lower the intake charge the lower the temp of the charge post-compressor.

And Rell it will keep the metal from getting heat soaked, it does serve a purpose.

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my intake pipe is metal, so im sure it get pretty heatsoaked. when im done driving around its really hot to the touch. So im gonna wrap it up today and post some pics.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Probably won't do anything but get fiberglass particles everywhere... :D

I see you drive your SE-R as much as I do. I plug mine into the trickle charger all the time. Unplugging the terminals completely helps maintain the battery a lot. You also might want to swap the terminals so they're more like stock, it would suck if someone went to jump start you and connected the batteries in series...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
u should put hood spacers on. im sure that'll make an even more of a big difference

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rockwood said:
Probably won't do anything but get fiberglass particles everywhere... :D
I see you drive your SE-R as much as I do. I plug mine into the trickle charger all the time. Unplugging the terminals completely helps maintain the battery a lot. You also might want to swap the terminals so they're more like stock, it would suck if someone went to jump start you and connected the batteries in series...
That little battery hadnt been in a car for months i was suprised it held its charge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts