SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok, i know there a little ricey but...
Im thinking about getting some of those white headlights. They have some cool blue ones at pepboys (which apparently arnt blue, there more of a white color), which are 30 for two. Piaa also make some super white bulbs which are 75 for two. I want something street legal, which both of these are. Does anyone have any experiences with these bulbs or ideas on any other bulbs? How does it look with the fog lights (I have a classic)? Should I get some new bulbs for them too? I saw an upgrade kit from courtesy made by piaa for 100, but i dont think they are street legal. I dont neccesarly need the same color for the headlights and foglights, but would like them to look good together. Any info or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks

-Michael

·
Registered
729 Posts
I'm running APC superwhite bulbs and in my opinion they are whitter than the PIAA's for a fraction of the price.....I am also running higher wattag bulbs as well...And I haven't had any problems with them so far....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Get the Phillips Ultravision. They actually work much better than stock and are DOT legal. "Blue Lights" other than true HID are pure crap. Enough said.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i've used a german brand that were "supposed' to be super plasma white (they sucked worse than a hoover) and i am currently using APC's plasma whites in both my headlamps and fogs. i like 'em. they're about as close to HIDs as you'll get-without shelling out your life savings!

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Stiletto
The higher wattage bulbs are't fudging with your housing?
Just wanted to know since i could get the APC's for 10% off

Thanks
O

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
OnyxEros said:
Stiletto
The higher wattage bulbs are't fudging with your housing?
Just wanted to know since i could get the APC's for 10% off

Thanks
O
nope. but what i didn't mention (probably should've) is that i put in 9004 bulbs rather than 9007, which all of the manuals say to use. the only adverse affect is that my hi-beams and low beams are backwards. perhaps if i had purchased 9007's i would not experience this. but no housing probs. BTW i use model # 509004PW. the container sez "APC Super white" on the front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts