SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aftre the fibreglass was moudled to my headlight for the eyelids..It left smudges and gluestain on it..ANyone know what I can use to clean it out and make it shinny again without scratching it??Thanks!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
do they sell "Goo Gone" over there? it's a clear, orange liquid. the magic sauce is (go figure!): citrus. just acidic enough to remove just about anything without damage. if not try a local auto store, they should have something similar. good luck!:)

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
SR20DETSSS said:
Aftre the fibreglass was moudled to my headlight for the eyelids..It left smudges and gluestain on it..ANyone know what I can use to clean it out and make it shinny again without scratching it??Thanks!
If the headlights are GLASS projectors, then you can use ULTRA FINE steel wool to get the glue off, if they are plastic, I wouldn't recomend it...maybe try some kind of solvent? You can find stuff at an auto-parts store, the citrus stuff would be sweet....

·
Banned
505 Posts
just a guess, but maybe a buffer would do the trick

·
8,148 Posts
Stiletto said:
do they sell "Goo Gone" over there? it's a clear, orange liquid. the magic sauce is (go figure!): citrus. just acidic enough to remove just about anything without damage. if not try a local auto store, they should have something similar. good luck!:)
If thats the case just buy some oranges or mangos.
No just kidding. In my cousins bodyshop they have this eraser that takes off all glue and goo from mouldings and old decals. If you have a bodyshop supply store near you ask them for it. It is like the eraser you use in school. It really works w/o scratching your paint so I don't see why it would not work on your glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts