SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RHDriver
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I need your help! I need to change the headlights on my GTI-R in order to have a plate on my car.... don't ask why :(

I do know that if i get headlights from a Sunny (from Europe) I'll pass the inspection (there looking for a smal E in a circle) in other words, headlights that comes from a LHD vehicle for our right side driving.....

Now I know some have rigged some Mazda 323 lights on to pass inspections, but I'd rather get lights that will fit right on...

My first attempt failed, as the seller (somewhere in the uk) packed the headlights like a morron, they arrived in pieces... so I've been looking for another set.

Now a shop on E-bay has two options for me, one is a light from a Nissan Sunny 86-91 and the other option is a light from a Nissan Sunny 91-95.... Great! Mine's a 1991... now what... looking at picsm the difference seems to be in the "curve" of the glass at the top of each headlights, the corner closest to the grill....

How can I attach a document on here... I made up a word document showing 4 images.... one of my current headlight, one of a Infinity G20, and my two options on e-bay...

Anyways, anybody got suggestions, or part numbers... or have gone through this issue..... :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
the g20 light wont fit right. I used this to pass inspection. It's too wide. it'll slightly tuck behind the hood and you wont be able to run the middle grill. But it got me passed the inspection and i put my old lights back in.

if you do order sunny n14 91-95 lights from europe, myself and another would join you to get 3 sets to save in shipping costs.

·
RHDriver
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nickr:

so if you want a set of Europe n14 91-95 lights, you sure it would fit? I have pics of both options... i just don't have a pic of the headlights on my GTI-R to really compare...

I'll try to post what I got...

·
RHDriver
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nissan Sunny Headlight (Europe) 91-95

Nissan Sunny Headlight (Europe) 86-91

All I need now is to take a shot of my headlight straight up like those pics and compare that 'curve' near the grill.....

·
RHDriver
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
from your pic, it seems that the latest version would fit better...

anybody interested in a set if I organize a group buy?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i wonder why it cannot pass inspection ?
JDM headlight cannot pass it ?

since CA if i not mistaken is RHD as well

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mat: The LHD headlights for our cars are the first ones you've pictured. The bottom-left tab is used to clip the center grill.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in for a group buy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts