1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I'm not sure why this is in the turbo section but I can help you. You don't really need one of those kits. I restored the headlights on our G20 to like new status and they were really rough to start. Pick up some sandpaper in the following grits: 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, some rubbing compound, some polishing compound, and some wax. Wet sand from the roughest to the smoothest alternating between up and down strokes and side to side strokes between grits. Then do the same with the compounds. Follow up with wax and you are done.

Before:

After:

·
TURNT
770 Posts
did the same thing.

you will get amazing results and your lights will be brighter.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
I'm not sure why this is in the turbo section but I can help you. You don't really need one of those kits. I restored the headlights on our G20 to like new status and they were really rough to start. Pick up some sandpaper in the following grits: 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, some rubbing compound, some polishing compound, and some wax. Wet sand from the roughest to the smoothest alternating between up and down strokes and side to side strokes between grits. Then do the same with the compounds. Follow up with wax and you are done.

Before:

After:

WOW! I just bought a Meguiar's kit, but my headlights are barely fogged. Shouldn't be a problem. Amazing results though. Did you polish by hand, or with an orbital?

To the OP, are they turbo headlights? :D

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
That was all by hand Steve. I have a PC now so it would save some time on the buffing/polishing steps. The headlights are slightly oxidized on my "new" G35 so I plan on trying the polisher on them when I have some time.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
That was all by hand Steve. I have a PC now so it would save some time on the buffing/polishing steps. The headlights are slightly oxidized on my "new" G35 so I plan on trying the polisher on them when I have some time.
Gangster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whatever method you use, Take your time and pay attention to detail. A local auto parts store should have a kit that is used with an electric drill. Works great. Read and heed the instructions.

The more time you spend on it the better the turnout.

Let us know how the outcome is.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts