SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 91 SER and the headlights leak water. I wanna replace the housings, but dont wanna do the TSURU conversion. I just wanna replace the housings so that they dont leak water and keep popping bulbs on me. What are my options and where is teh best place to buy them? I called Mossy and they want $135 per housing and I just cant pay that musch for headlights on a car i paid $1k fro. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Try a junk yard. Thats is your best option. Also you can take the lights apart and re seal them!

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
I'll sell you my old headlights from my '93. They're the plastic ones so they're a little bigger than your glass ones. All you would have to do is get a grille from a '93-'94 SE-R to make these lights fit on your car. The lights have a little fogginess to them but I can give you a procedure to clean them up. These ones don't leak or anything.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I would say just seperate the glass from the housing and clean them all out really good. Then use a good silicone sealant to re-assemble them.

Brent

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing is is that they look pretty beat up. The drivers side one had one of the nipples that pokes out break off and the previous owner filled it with silicone. I think that buying new ones is the best plan.

Thanks for the ebay link. There is a guy selling new ones on ebay ofr $75 + shipping each. Anyone buy from him before? Id hate to buy ones on ebay for that price and have them leak on me

·
Registered
195 Posts
rf_fanatic said:
There is a guy selling new ones on ebay ofr $75 + shipping each. Anyone buy from him before? Id hate to buy ones on ebay for that price and have them leak on me
Whatever you do, don't buy those aftermarket lights on Ebay ... they suck! Read the fine print.

Just keep checkin Ebay for used OEM lights. I see them listed every so often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts