SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you all hate it but......
What kind of probs can I avoid installing a header?
Should I get copper gaskets? I heard Pacesetter uses paper gaskets.
Do I need any bolts?
I should have it by Monday.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Use the stock gasket for the head/header location and get a N/A 300ZX Primary/Secondary gasket for the same part on the header. You will have to enlarge the holes, but its not that big of a deal.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
And since its a Pacesetter start saving your penny's. Cause if history shows their quality, you will be buying a new header in about 2 to 3 years. Seems everything they have rusts out in about that time. But considering the price, you do get your money's worth I guess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
had a pacesetter on my 1.6 once even left it there when it got totaled. it started looking like frankenstens header as many times I welded cracks in it.I say it started cracking after the first year..If your on a budget "go for it!" but if you can save a few bucks more get a Hot Shot,or Stillen ceramic coated..

------------------
91 SE-R Stillen header,HKS/Greddy catback,Nology coil/wires,ACT clutch,Clutch Masters flywheel,CAI,Energy motor mounts,Stillen S/T shifter and still not fast enough...

·
Registered
858 Posts
I knew a guy who used to torch the coatin off those and wrap them nicely in thermalwrap.oh also loosen the egr pipe at the block two bolts to make the egr fitting thread in the header easier.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts