SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two problems with my NX2000, first my fans will not come on unless I disconnect the temperture coolant sensor. Once I do this the fans run comstanly and do not shut down until the car is off.I changed the sensor twice and the fans still don't come on. Second the heat inside the car doesn't seem to be working, it's luke warm at best and now its getting cold and i want to be warm. If any one can point me in the right place to fixing these two problems it'll be appreciated.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hey lamme ask ya a question.... when ya installed the coolant temp sensor did ya put a sealant of any kind on the threads? Anything like pipe thread tape or pipe dope, silicon?
The coolant temp sensor needs to use the engine block as a ground and if it has a sealant on it then it may not ground properly. You may want to try installing it without anything.

Also check out the thermostat. That may cure your lack of interior heat problem. Heck its the first thing i always check just cause its cjeap and easy to do. ten bucks and you can be sure it is good..

anyway hope that helps.
Rick

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info Rick, yeah i did put some sealant on the coolant sesnor when i installed it. I'll check that too along with the thermastat today thanks again man.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Dude I truly forgot to tell you about the sensor and sealant thing yesterday. he's right it dosen't need it and the sensor itself is a ground. 170-180 degree thermostat is perfect for our rides. come over thehouse today and we'll check it out.

·
Nut Hugger Bandwagon
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yo Red sorry i didn't make it today but i'm gonna come tommorow about 12 or 1pm.Later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts