SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else feel like their classic takes forever to heat up on a cold morning?

------------------
1994 SE-R Super Black
HS CAI, STB, NX console, 15" rolling stock, more to come...

·
Registered
723 Posts
used to take me around 2-3 minutes before i can feel it settling down. but from what ive heard and read it's actually better if you drive off right away. the engine will warm better and you'll get better mileage as well. i usually give it 10-15 seconds for the oil to circulate and then i drive it slowly for a while before i beat on it

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
haha, that's right man...i find that usually i just drive in 2nd with the rpm's at a constant 2500...the engine gets warm pretty quick...then after it's warm, i stretch my legs..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
man be a little nicer to the car. i let it sit for maybe 30 seconds in the mornings, no matter temp. thats usualy changing cd's buckleing up settleing in type of things. then until temp comes up never get above 3000. gota be nice to the bearings...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I set mine on the rev limiter, it warms up pretty damn quick too, also, no more start up clatter
(j/k btw)

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
If its below freezing, you'd have to be a fool to start your car and just drive off. Especially if you like your car.

IIRC the B13 does not have a core heater which is why it takes longer to heat up, but the B14 does. I have no proof of this fact but this is what I've been told.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Anybody else feel like their classic takes forever to heat up on a cold morning</font>
Might want to change the thermostat. Before, I was almost to work before I got any warm air. I simply replaced the thremostat, now I'm all toasty before I get out of my subdivision...

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Registered
596 Posts
Are we talking about heating the inside of the car or getting the engine temp up?

My classic takes forever for the engine to get up to temp. I just do exactly the opposite of Brian, and my car runs great!!

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:

IIRC the B13 does not have a core heater which is why it takes longer to heat up, but the B14 does. I have no proof of this fact but this is what I've been told.

</font>
If you didn't have a heater core you wouldn't have the ability to heat the inside of your car FYI. Like MaddMatt Mine used to take all the way to work to heat up(12miles) in temps below 40 degrees. I replaced the thermostat which was not OEM nissan with a OEM thermostat and now it only takes about 1-2miles for the temp to go mid guage.

------------------
'91 SEntRa
'92 Sentra XE
SHUT UP AND DRIVE!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts