SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy guys. Again this year, its raining. Everyone got the shaft on the rooms. Last year we had to deal with a bunch of dancers running around, this year we have been taken over by soccer moms.
It was good to meet some people from this list, but I can't figure out why some people that live near by are not here. The drive here was uneventful. I was able to squeeze out 400 miles on a tank of gas. Our fearless leader, Ben got lost in the area for 3 hours trying to find the hotel. There was a '02 SE-R here. It was not a real one, but it was the one from the car show, and yes the front passenger tire is still on backwards. They should have named this the black 200SX convention, because one parking lot was full of us. I guess only the cool kids drive black B14s. I'll post my pics when I get home Monday, and I'll try to keep everyone posted on what's going on.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
That sucks about the convention. Maybe someday you/we will have one where it doesn't rain
. By the way, you are right about only cool kids driving Black B14s! Can't wait for pics.

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by borguesian:
That sucks about the convention. Maybe someday you/we will have one where it doesn't rain
. By the way, you are right about only cool kids driving Black B14s! Can't wait for pics.

</font>
Actually it did not rain for the convention and the Road race sessions were a success. A real Success. Ray Kawaski and Kieran Lavin deserve our ultimate respect. PERIOD! Props for Kojima for dogging out the Focus rental!
I espically want to thank Geroge Roffe for starting me on lapping and Gordon for making me a more aggressive driver. I drove 250 miles from Brooklyn to West Virginia and back on Saturday and will do it again on Sunday. To those who could have come but choose not to participate because they just didn't want to shame on you. I don't want to hear it. I mean Even though Henry and Jose (Redman007) came late they still made the treck in a 5 series Bimmer)
Peace out from Ian, (ianshannon97 on the mailing list) 91 MSDesign NX2000 aka on the forum as Pretty White!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm gonna get beat for saying this, but black B14 SE-R = EBP civic Si! hahaha just kidding with all you cool black B14 owners!

We all know that white B15s(thats white family cars to you, kevin!) are the coolest. later

[This message has been edited by nismo00 (edited 05-27-2001).]

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Sure gets quiet during a convention. At least when I went last year I checked my List mail, and there was plenty of activity going on. From Jez's exploded DET to the Storm of Death during the Saturday track session, we kept things going and let everyone know about it.

Right now I bet they're all busy crocheting frilly seat covers and chatting about Beanie Babies over glasses of unsweetened tea. That sort of thing happens when you get so many SuperBlack B14 drivers in one place.

Geez, I bet they don't even have 500 underage cheerleaders running around. What sort of limp-wristed slip-n-slide girly school vanilla ice gream social is going on up there?

We will assume the worst if someone doesn't give us non-attendees an update soon!

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimR:

Geez, I bet they don't even have 500 underage cheerleaders running around. !
</font>
i'm still suffering a bit of whiplash cuz of them girlies

Ric in Lacey,Wa.;-)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it didn't rain that bad, it just looked bad b/c it was clear and it was coming in towards us, you guys are just used to a little rain, no thunder, lightning or hail

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I just got back from the convention, its 1:45 am. WOOOHOO!! It was an awesome day. I got there at about 1pm and hung out at the picnic and stuff. TONS of really SWEET cars, too many to look at in a day.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yep, we lucked out with the rain. I had a blast though. Learned a ton about the cars. I think 80% of the cars were black. Guess my user name doesn't really distuguish me at all.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

·
Registered
705 Posts
OMG the track was SOOOOOOOOO much fun! I wish it was more than 1 weekend. I cant wait till next year when us northeast guys rent a Winnebego to go out west for the 2002 convention!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

1 - 11 of 11 Posts