SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say thank you for the invite to this forum even though I know see I've been on since last October. lol :)

For the curious about where I've been. A lot of things had to shake out over the last 9 months or so. I was a partner in a new shop venture that opened last July and our relationship went South quickly for various reasons. I saw the writing on the wall, cashed out and went with my original plan on my own. Since October 2003, I've been open as Häss Autoworks. We do auto sales (Dealing mostly with "car guy" types of cars), service (On cars we sold and selective other jobs) and high performance (parts and "high end" installations.).

As of February 2004 the car sales/service area has stablized and is making profit so I expanded and opened the high performance division. Things are going great. So far we have two SE-R long term type projects, both B14's along with a few others you guys probably wouldn't care about. (Carburated Chevy, turbo BMW etc) One SE-R is a planned to be an "ultimate street car" type vehicle with a goal of making about 400hp in a very streetable fun ride. It's almost a twin to my old red B14 and only has 39K on the clock! The other is still a street car but with a dual personality for drag duty. We expect no less than 500whp, with the number 575whp stuck in my head as an ultimate goal. We'll see. I'm doing all the machine work (Tools alllowing), headwork and planning on the motors and will be trying a few ideas I've had floating around my warped mind.

Anyhow, I hope that didn't come off as a spam, it wasn't my intention. I just wanted to give those who might have been wondering where I have been some info. For those that don't care...sorry for the wasted bandwidth. lol :D

Now that I have a little more time and the crazyness has subsided, I would like to post more on the forum and would also like to sponsor the site in some way. I've been having a hella bad time with the mailing list from a technical perspective and I pretty have given up with it at this point. :(

Again, thanks for having me here I hope the two projects we have going on will produce some information that can help someone else with theirs.

Cheers,

·
merely a flesh wound
15,274 Posts
Hey Jay,

Glad to hear things are on the upswing for you. You just *can't* work for, or *with* anyone, can you? :tongue:

Stick around a while, and drop by when you get a chance. Seems you show up once every 9 - 12 months and then disappear again.

And what's in your driveway these days?

C

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
chriscar said:
Hey Jay,

Glad to hear things are on the upswing for you. You just *can't* work for, or *with* anyone, can you? :tongue:
Oooo, so untrue. LOL Not when they are making really bad business decisions. ;)

Stick around a while, and drop by when you get a chance. Seems you show up once every 9 - 12 months and then disappear again.

And what's in your driveway these days?

C
Yea unfortunately with the break up and all, I just had to stay silent all around until things shook out. I'll be around now as much as I can and still run this place. :D

In *my* driveway...Hmmm, 01 Ford Pickup, 1989 325i that I'm about to rip apart and turbocharge into a little beast. For now that's about it. I'm looking to get something as a project/daily driver like a Saab 9/5 turbo or maybe even a A4 turbo with light mods. I was working on a B14 for myself but because of circumstances out of my control it didn't work out. But that's okay, I have enough Nissan work here to live vicariously through. :D

Good to hear from you again. I wish I could go to Saltfest but you guys keep having it on my anniversary EVERY year. LOL

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SERprise In WV said:
Welcome back again, Jay. Nice to know you didn't completely fall off the face of the earth. :)
Thanks man...hey did you see my letter to Hotrod? I quoted your letter. :D

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Yep, sure did. Pretty freaking cool, IMHO. I was reading HR on a flight back from Las Vegas and -boom- there you were. The guy in the seat next to me was impressed when I showed him.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
nice to have one of the "old guard" back. you coming out SoCal way for the convention?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
nice to have one of the "old guard" back. you coming out SoCal way for the convention?
I'm seriously considering it. I havn't been to Cali in like...13 years so it'd be nice to visit again. I have to see how business goes as we are now just spooling up to our busy season and the machine is already spinning fast. (Sold three cars this morning and took on a Spec-V all out motor build/turbo project before noon!) Maybe I can call it a business trip. :D

Greg, I thought that was pretty cool too. I wonder if they know how tight the "old school" SE-R guys really are? :D

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Hey welcome back again Jay. Keep us updated on the E30 project. I am going to pick one of them up a little down the road.

Are you going to make an appearance at Carlisle? There is a group of us going down there.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
****, it IS a business trip. youre in the aftermarket performance industry, this is an aftermarket performance event, ****. not quite SEMA, but hey, you take what you can get, right?

besides, i am sure you wanna see how that red car of yours is doing, i am pretty sure Luis will be bringing something down, though he seems to be collecting SE-Rs like theyre going out of style now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL True true. Since my trip to West Palm Beach was written off I guess I can do the same here. :D

You know what's funny about my old car...Old parts keep finding me! It's creepy! I ended up with my old exhaust, now Mark Merlis (One of our projects) comes in with an upper intake and says "look familiar? It's your old intake" AHHHHHHHH...It's like having body parts of your ex-wife showing up in boxes. LOL

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
a little less creepy, but yeah, similiar. ****. :D

so, when you come out, i gotta give you a ride in the beast, that way you will stop dicking around with these silly BMWs and come back to the fold man.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
so, when you come out, i gotta give you a ride in the beast, that way you will stop dicking around with these silly BMWs and come back to the fold man.
I dunno man, I still REALLY love the SR20 cars, but the E30 is a pretty special car too. It reminds me of a RWD SE-R that has a little more stiff chassis and an exotic sounding, silky straight six powering it. The E30 just has that "soul" much like a classic SE-R. I originally bought it just to have a good gas mileage alternative to my truck...then I drove it and just fell in love.

And when you apply boost... :D

http://www.pinkstatic.com/auction/warning/turbocharger.jpg

http://www.hv.ssf.scout.se/~anders/race-freaks/arkivet/20030104/bmwturbos.mpg

I think any car guy could appreciate a car like the orange one in those vids. :)

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
the B14 gains the the classic's "soul" once you bend the rear beam. i will let you drive mine, and see what you think meng.

and, there's nothing exotic or silky about an SR20 with a divorced wastegate. :D

its still FWD though....****.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HotshtSR20 said:
the B14 gains the the classic's "soul" once you bend the rear beam. i will let you drive mine, and see what you think meng.
Oh sh*t! I'm not getting into the B13 vs 14 discussion. :D

and, there's nothing exotic or silky about an SR20 with a divorced wastegate. :D
Amen brotha. Just a pissed off death note.

its still FWD though....****.
Yep, I WISH the car was AWD or RWD. As I'm sure you now know, even with good tires big boost just turns the numbers 1 and 2 on the shift knob into a cruel joke. :D

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
the car is RWD, AKA the Sylvia. ****.

in 1st, i dont really have a traction problem. 2nd-4th will spin though. 5th if the tires are cold. :D

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
JayHass said:
Oh sh*t! I'm not getting into the B13 vs 14 discussion. :D

Amen brotha. Just a pissed off death note.

Yep, I WISH the car was AWD or RWD. As I'm sure you now know, even with good tires big boost just turns the numbers 1 and 2 on the shift knob into a cruel joke. :D
Jay,

You had better come to the convention, if you are low on funds, we'll find a way to put you up. I might need someone to drive some of the toys around that weekend.

Mike

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike...since you put it that way. :D

Seriously though, I am tight on funds as I just did a ton of buy in's with Garrett, Aquamist (Became New England/NY area distributor) and several big warehouses so I'm broke and my AMEX is melting. I'll email you to talk more, as I would love to be there. :)

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Hey Jay,

I just checked out your website and it looks pretty good. I saw you had some specials listed there. Are they still good or have they expired?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts