SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas!!!
Much love to the SR20DE Community.
Heres my ordeal....
I am geting like $700 from a bonus check at work. I have a 94 SE-R with intake. My question is what mods should I buy with this money? Should I go header/exhaust. or just cams. or maybe just ECU? I have 129,000 miles on my "Red Rocket" but it begs to be DRIVEN!!! Please give me some advice. I want to spank my boys Civic Si.

------------------
"Spidey"
3x ex-Honda owner

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
Well i'd get a 91 intake cam too. For you header and pulleys should get you the most bfyb. So order away, and let your boy with the Si start worrying about you.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
Hey fellas!!!
Please give me some advice. I want to spank my boys Civic Si.

</font>
Why can't you beat him with what you have now?! Its been done, lol. Dont let the HP differences scare you!! But anyways, with $700 bucks id go with either a AEBS or HS header, a 91 intake cam, and a set of ES motor mounts. If the header costs about $420, the cam we'll say $100 and the mount are $80 for the full set, you still have 100 bucks to play with...so put some gas in your car and go beat some Civic's, hehehe...

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are great!! Thanks for pulling thru!! I will keep you updated. Its still a month till I get my check but the dreams are starting now.
So, what exactly is an ES motor mount?
and why do I need it?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ES inserts are the famed Energy Suspension black graphite poly engine mount insterts. They run a bit over $30 & $37 for the 2 sets, through Summit. Hey, take some of that money and change your timing chain tensioner, www.zotz.com/nissan/proc/default.htm, since you are over 100,000 miles. It's a good idea to protect the engine. Intake, headers, pulleys are all great ideas.... but you need the Playstation 2.... right? =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts