SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wussup ya'll. I need a big favor from any of the s.cali guys here. If any of you guys are willing to help me install my agx's/ground controls that would be awesome. Anybody here from San Diego by any chance. I have told the shop to install for me but I figure that this is my baby and that I should work on this car alone (plus i'd be savin my 60 bucks for somethin else). Any help would really be appreciated. I have no tools so I'll travel where you are. Oh yea, we gots to roll the fenders too to avoid the tires rubbing the inner fender. How much of a pain is it? Thanks again!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hey, I will help. For awhile there I thought I was the only one this far west. Your the closest person to me. Oh, but I live in Utah.

Kris94G20

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch, well any tips that can help would be great. This won't be my first time workin on a suspension, but my first mod to the sentra. So I'm pretty much in deep need of guidance by the great monkies of this forum. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
rolling the fenders is not hard to do, but you do not want to go too low, your car will ride like ****. but to roll the fenders, you want to get a saw, some masking tape and a small rubber hammer. first, cut little grooves in the fenderwell about 5-6 inches apart (while everything is masked off to avoid paint chipping) and when everything is cut, go to town with your hammer.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Whatever you do grind the topcap of the strut down so the coil over sleeve fits over the top of the strut. Don't try to whack the strut top off. You'll end up blowing your front shocks if you hit a big bump and KYB won't warranty it without the strut caps. The strut caps act as a bump stop for the strut without it KABOOOM.!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
There's a great community of SR20DE owners in SoCal. They just had a geekout recently actually where you could have gotten your stuff installed.. Anyway, check out this website http://www.egroups.com/group/SoCal-SERCA to get more information on how to join their list, etc. I highly recommend hooking up with some people in your area. I'm in the SF area myself but I've gone down there before for an event.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts