SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search and found nothing. I am looking at re-aiming the headlights on my SE-R and was wondering how is it accomplished on the B13?

·
JdmRus
591 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but that thread is no different than telling me to use a wrench and adjust the screws on the back of the headlights.

What I am looking for is more specific information. I tried adjusting the screws, clockwise and counter clockwise but I do not see any difference. The only thing different is the little level on the top of the headlight changes, but the beam on the wall does not change. I remember on my NX, there was a screw with a white end to play with and that made a difference on the height of the beam.

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
You have a '93 or '94 if you have the levels on your plastic headlights. I believe the '91-92 cars with the glass (sigh) headlights didn't have 'em. ALL you need to do is line up the levels - if you can't see 'em from the age, take some polish of some sort to clean off the sight 'glass'. Line 'em up at the zero marks and they'll be right where nissan wants them. The pattern for my '93 is very good for how I like lights at the zero centers. You DO have both up/down and right left levels and screws.

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
ps, the levels are FAR more accurate than trying to line 'em up on the garage wall. If you're going to do it right without the levels, go find a (very empty) long straight road and aim your high beams JUST to the right of center and level; cover one while you're adjusting the other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently replaced the headlights on my '91 SE-R. I followed the procedure in the shop manual for aiming them, but it only got me so far. I just took the car out on a dark road, and realized my low beams were aimed where the hight beams should be, and the high beams were lighting up the tree tops. always a good idea to do fine tuning by actually driving the car, seeing how it looks on the road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts