SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...it doesn't run right. It idles. But when I rev it, the motor sounds like it's sputtering at low RPM, but will make it to high RPMs no problem. When driving, it sputters and bucks with load (acceleration or up a hill) - like it's missing. I have a feeling it had something to do with the engine wash. I was leary about getting that part done but these were "professionals" so I thought they knew what they were doing. Any possible valves or hoses got clogged? Where should I check? Any general ideas or comments? Any appreciated...

R.

·
Registered
424 Posts
it sounds like you got water in your distributor or plug galley. It should clear up when it dries up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would let it sit overnight and try agian tomorrow. Did these guys make you sign a wavier? The places I know of make you sign a wavier if your engine has over 40K on it in case something gets wrecked. I guess that's neither here nor there but good luck anyhow.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rianardo:
...it doesn't run right. It idles. But when I rev it, the motor sounds like it's sputtering at low RPM, but will make it to high RPMs no problem. When driving, it sputters and bucks with load (acceleration or up a hill) - like it's missing. I have a feeling it had something to do with the engine wash. I was leary about getting that part done but these were "professionals" so I thought they knew what they were doing. Any possible valves or hoses got clogged? Where should I check? Any general ideas or comments? Any appreciated...

R.
</font>
Your #1 plug galley has water in it. Take out the plug wire and soak it up with paper towels or a rag. If it is not #1 try the rest. But do not remove the plugs. It is the wire boot galley.

[This message has been edited by Pretty White (edited 05-22-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Before I had read the last prophetic post I went out and pulled the wires...yep, #1 and #2 had water. I'm at work so I can't do anything major right now, however, I'm going to drop it off with my mechanic later and have him dry everything up. I pointed this out to the detailers and it's obvious they aren't used to the import stuff...at least the guy said call him back if there are any more problems... I'm a little worried because I had it on the highway for 1/2 hour drive last night and today (commute) - any possible problems from water on the plug???

R.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
No no.....don't waste money and time with a mechanic.

Take a long screwdriver and wrap it in paper towels. Stick it down the plug galleys and let it soak up any water that may have collected down there.

Start the car and test.

If that doesn't work, take out the plugs and leave the hood open and let the car sit for awhile and see if it dries out.

If THAT doesn't work, blow it out with compressed air.

If nothing above works, replace all the spark plugs.

I've had personal expeirence with this. Back a few years ago my '93 my Sentra XE developed a similar problem after I cleaned the engine.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts