SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
How is everybody? Happy 4th of July!!!
Well , heres what happened:
I was showing a Civic how to take a chicane on the highway and then all I heard was a loud exhaust sound. I thought it was the Civic but after a couple high revs I found out it was me!! I was down shifting into 2nd and then "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr". It sounds like the exhaust piping came loose or got a hole in it somewhere. I pulled over to inspect it and its coming from somewhere under the hood, under the engine. The car stumbles at take off and I have no power whatsoever when I floor it. And it is LOUD!!! Is this a blown headgasket or something else? Hopefully the details I provided can give you some clues. Would the car still run if it was a headgasket?
Is this a good excuse to get headers and new exhuast piping. I now sound like a big fat Rice boy riding around. =-(

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Weird. I would say some of the bolts fell off linking the primary to the secondary but since you have a stock manifold thats unlikely. I had the same symptoms though with a leak with my Hotshot.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, thanks for the input.
I guess I'll be going down to my favorite shop and having them take a look.
I think the exhuast manifold came loose.
It sounds like its coming from behind the heat shield. Everything is stock on the motor still. And it just hit 133,000.
I keep geting funny looks from people round me. HOW EMBARASSING!!
Any other suggestions anyone?

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
you do have a hole. same thign happened to me. i got it welded back for $20 at monroe muffler.

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
you do have a hole. same thign happened to me. i got it welded back for $20 at monroe muffler.

------------------
Is that a honda? What is that silver thing?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, its a hole alright.
Loud as hell!!! I got my header coming though. So in a way , I'm glad it happened.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts