SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 02 sensor only fits in one of the holes.
The bigger one up front. ( he he )......
The other hole is too small. Should I buy a 02 sensor that'll fit the smaller hole?
Damn Pacesetter. Cant they do **** right.
I have a 94, hello!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just to clarify:
Theres the EGR hole, ( up top )
right below that is the smaller hole that the 02 sensor does not fit into.
Then below that, to the front, is the bigger hole, where the 02 sensor will fit but it hits the fan blades.

[This message has been edited by 94_REDSE-R (edited 07-11-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I think this P.O.S. header is going back to NOPI. Looks like when they drilled the holes that attach it to the engine, one of the holes was off and it doesnt fit on right.
ha ha ha what a joke!!!!

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
OK, I think this P.O.S. header is going back to NOPI. Looks like when they drilled the holes that attach it to the engine, one of the holes was off and it doesnt fit on right.
ha ha ha what a joke!!!!
</font>
You are joking right?
I hate to say this but....
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Pretty White
SR20DE Forum Junkie
posted 07-05-2001 09:09 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 94_REDSE-R:
I thought about welding it but I think I'll just go with the cheap header.
Thanks for the info , though!!

Remember, pay cheap pay twice. Buyer beware. Why would you want a 1st generation knockoff when you could get a 4th Generation with the most PROVEN power. Oh well some people buy Kucci instead of Gucci too.

IP: Logged

SERprise In WV
SR20DE Forum Junkie
posted 07-05-2001 09:20 PM
I must stand up in defense of 94_REDSE-R's purchase of the Pacesetter header. Hey, it's not a bad piece of equipment folks. Yep, my decrepit ol' 93 has one on it, and it runs wonderfully, thank you (8.95 in the 1/8th, natch).
My point: The Pacesetter header works, and works well. The differences between the Pacesetter, AEBS, Hot Shot, and $tealin are, I believe, minute at best.
You're right, though: Some folks buy Gucci, and other folks buy Kucci (and have boatloads of fun on the money they saved, and no one knows the difference). In the end, do what's best for YOU, in your situation, at this time.
Header, schmeader...</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok , the Rustsetter has 3 holes in it to screw something on. My original exhaust manifold has 2. One for the EGR crap and the other for the O2 sensor. Whats this third hole for? And why is it that when I put on the O2 sensor it hits the radiator fan? WTF!!
Cheap as ****! help!!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
The third hole is for the AIV the '91-'93 motors use. You should be using the hole on the side for the EGR, and the one right below it for the 02. It sounds like you are using the AIV hole for the 02. The header should have come with a plug for the AIV, or just take it to get welded up.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty White,
I deserve that!! Im just hard headed and like to find out for myself sometimes, ya know. I see this header is nothing but crap. When I got it, it had all kinds of steel shredding in the pipes. I had to stick an S.O.S. pad in there to get them all out on all 3 pieces!!
HA HA HA!!!!! I knew it would be cheap but this is ridiculous!!!! NOPI is refunding me the $135 and I bitched at them and they are also paying shipping to get it back!! =-)
Never again!!! ha ha ha.
Now how much was that HS G4 again?

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think the nut that the 02 sensor fits into on the stock manifold came off with the 02 sensor. If this was the case, that's why it doesn't fit into the middle hole, but does in the lower hole. Look at your 02 sensor, and tell me how many places a socket can fit. I'll bet one of them is a 22mm, and the other is a 32mm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HOLY G-DAMN MOTHERF-CKIN SH*T!!!!!!!!!
AINT THAT A F*CKIN BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE RIGHT , NOVTECSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had no idea that didnt come off!
Everythings all brown and looks like its together!!! YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!
Well, the header is still on its way back to NOPI. But its good info for when I get the HS. =-).......I cant believe it! ha ha ha

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Pretty White .......

BTW...my Pacesetter went it with no problems whatsoever, and works flawlessly.

So there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERprise In WV:
Pretty White .......

BTW...my Pacesetter went it with no problems whatsoever, and works flawlessly.

So there.
</font>
I'll buy it from you!!! j/k!!!
I guess I got a dud!!!
Where's the quality control over at Pace?!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NoVTECSER:
There was nothing wrong with yours, you just had a problem with the 02 sensor.</font>
The header holes were off as well. I tried every possible way to screw it on. If I would've had a heavy drill I could've redrilled this one one hole. Every bolt would screw on except the 2nd one from the left. You could see clearly that it was mis-aligned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts