SR20 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just did a DET swap into a B13. i've got spark!!! here's the problem:

1)when i turn the ignition on, the fuel pressure rises to 32-35psi then falls back to zero fast

2)when i turn the engine over (ignition on start), the fuel pressure comes back up (32-35psi). the car turns over fine but doesn't start. after i stop turning the engine over the fuel systems holds solid pressure and falls off very slowly (as a normal car would)

3)i unbolted the fuel rail, and while turning the engine over, the injectors are not spraying. the injectors are getting a positive signal (but aren't getting grounded out). i tried swapping them out with injectors that i know are working fine (no help).

all in all, the injectors are not firing. i've got spark, i've got fuel pressure. any help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
make sure the fuel pump is priming. You can have fuel pressure without enough fuel volume. If it is priming start clamping sides of the fuel system and see if you can get the pressure to stay up

·
Done.
3,923 Posts
Sounds like you could have bad injector drivers in the ECU.

Make sure your fuel hoses aren't reversed from feed to return. You can still build fuel pressure if they are, just no fuel going the right direction.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after cranking the engine the fuel pressure does stay up. i pulled the fuel rail so i know the injectors aren't leaking and i also know they're not spraying.

what would prevent the ecu from sending signal to the injectors to engage?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fuel lines are not crossed. the engine isn't starting because the injectors aren't getting signal to engage. the problem with the fuel is really secondary at this point (when the engine is being cranked i'm getting solid pressure). if the engine idles poorly or dies shortly after start up i'll deal with the fuel situation then.

my point is i'll never be at that stage unless i can get these injectors to fire. my guess is it's a bad ecu input signal (the ecu doesn't know the engine is turning over, so it isn't gonna give fuel) or the ecu itself is faulty (although it turns the fuel pump on and is sending ignition/spark).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just install an autech engine in my B13 Nissan Sunny GTS 4WD and I am also not getting fuel pumping through the line.

·
officially a boost addict
1,025 Posts
what injectors are these?? might help a little

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
turn the key and take the m/m to the injector harness..how many volts are u getting?then test the same at the ecu terminals. go over the ecu- grounds and also the ground the on back of the I/M

·
squaadd up!
262 Posts
Did you ever get this fiqured out? im having the same exact problems after my built det swap. Fuel pump turns on and primes system , crank the car with the fuel pump fuse out and preasure doesnt move at all.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
turn the key and take the m/m to the injector harness..how many volts are u getting?then test the same at the ecu terminals. go over the ecu- grounds and also the ground the on back of the I/M
I'm guessing this is probably the culprit, as well. There are two small ground wires coming of the engine harness that should be attached to the intake manifold (near the throttle body, towards the firewall); these are the fuel injector and pump grounds

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm guessing this is probably the culprit, as well. There are two small ground wires coming of the engine harness that should be attached to the intake manifold (near the throttle body, towards the firewall); these are the fuel injector and pump grounds
This ever get solved?i have same problem!

·
Registered
4 Posts
just did a DET swap into a B13. i've got spark!!! here's the problem:

1)when i turn the ignition on, the fuel pressure rises to 32-35psi then falls back to zero fast

2)when i turn the engine over (ignition on start), the fuel pressure comes back up (32-35psi). the car turns over fine but doesn't start. after i stop turning the engine over the fuel systems holds solid pressure and falls off very slowly (as a normal car would)

3)i unbolted the fuel rail, and while turning the engine over, the injectors are not spraying. the injectors are getting a positive signal (but aren't getting grounded out). i tried swapping them out with injectors that i know are working fine (no help).

all in all, the injectors are not firing. i've got spark, i've got fuel pressure. any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Did you ever figure this out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts